Amelia Earhart-This day in History

Started by Major Lord, January 11, 2010, 04:41:17 PM

Major Lord

On 11 January 1935, Amelia Earhart began a flight from Honolulu, Hawaii, to Oakland, California. This was the first solo flight by a female pilot across the Pacific Ocean, and the longest trip ever undertaken by a female without a bathroom break. No one ever really found out what happened to Amelia on her last reported flight, but its pretty safe to say that she did not have an ELT....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

CadetProgramGuy

The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) thinks they found her.......

http://news.discovery.com/history/amelia-earhart-resting-place.html

Major Lord

It would be nice if they could confirm this with an expedition. I think there have been at least 20 "finds" of A.E. ( hey! "Aerospace Education" has the same initials as "Amelia Earhart"! Coincidence?) over the last few decades. She is right up there with Noah's Ark, UFO's and Elvis for unconfirmed finds. I wonder if she has any family left?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Smithsonia

My understanding is that this Denver Traffic Reporter, who by the way has the same name, is a member of THE Earhart Family.
http://www.examiner.com/x-348-Denver-Celebrity-Examiner~y2009m4d15-Amelia-Earhart-and-Paula-Woodward-leaving-Channel-9

With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Major Lord

Man, I never thought this thought would cross my mind, but Amelia Earhart is hot!

Major Lord

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Major Lord on January 11, 2010, 04:41:17 PM
On 11 January 1935, Amelia Earhart began a flight from Honolulu, Hawaii, to Oakland, California. This was the first solo flight by a female pilot across the Pacific Ocean, and the longest trip ever undertaken by a female without a bathroom break. No one ever really found out what happened to Amelia on her last reported flight, but its pretty safe to say that she did not have an ELT....

Major Lord

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on January 12, 2010, 04:37:09 AM
The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) thinks they found her.......

http://news.discovery.com/history/amelia-earhart-resting-place.html

If they did indeed find her, I can already see in my mind Tedda drawing a picture of the place with a newspaper on the side proclaiming the find and the LT saying, "I would have been there.  Totally." -- or something along those lines.

Just popped in my head when I read the above.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Major Lord on January 13, 2010, 12:31:24 AM
Man, I never thought this thought would cross my mind, but Amelia Earhart is hot!

Major Lord

Which one? :P

Major Lord

Well, for my tastes, I would choose the one currently alive, but to each his own......

Major Lord

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Major Lord on January 13, 2010, 04:42:25 PM
Well, for my tastes, I would choose the one currently alive, but to each his own......

Major Lord

I was just confirming my suspicion.

Who thinks "I have the Amelia Earhart Award" is a good pick up line on this one? :P

Pumbaa

Who thinks "I have the Amelia Earhart Award" is a good pick up line on this one? :P

OK I admit I laughed and spit soda on my monitor...