Army aviation gets mostly unmanned by 2035

Started by FARRIER, May 04, 2010, 03:44:28 AM

Fuzzy

Not a fan of UAV's.

Does the Army ever get out of their ACUs? Even when they're making a presentation?
C/Capt Semko

lordmonar

Quote from: Fuzzy on May 04, 2010, 04:02:10 AM
Not a fan of UAV's.

Does the Army ever get out of their ACUs? Even when they're making a presentation?

have you seen their new dress uniform?

>:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Fuzzy

C/Capt Semko

mynetdude

PHall

Fuzzy

Yeah I think I'll believe it after the land warrior program takes effect.
C/Capt Semko

FARRIER

PHall, thanks for bringing the discussion back on track:

The future trend is torwards the unmanned vehicle. How much manned to unmanned is anyones guess, being that plans and technology change.  I'll throw this into the discussion. How do you think this may change our external aerospace education program?
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

lordmonar

As a guy who's bread and butter is UAV......I see that we are only going to go more UAV not less.

As for our AE program....it should not affect it all.

The four force of flight still apply....yaw, pitch, roll.

If anything our AE program should expand to include Radio Frequency theory, basic electronics, antenna theory and computer bandwidth concepts.

Fuzzy

C/Capt Semko

Flying Pig

I say we ban Patrick and delete all of his posts from CAPtalk! Hes obviously one of THEM >:D

lordmonar

You trying to take away my livelyhood?

Why I aught to......

One of these days Alice....straight to the moon!  ;D

OldSalt

Quote from: mynetdude on May 04, 2010, 04:20:41 AM
Quote from: Fuzzy on May 04, 2010, 04:18:41 AM
well played...

so much for our CSU

All this guy needs is a big gold hoop earring and he'd be a great fit for a Pirate. (couldn't resist) >:D

mynetdude

Quote from: lordmonar on May 04, 2010, 05:43:06 AM
As a guy who's bread and butter is UAV......I see that we are only going to go more UAV not less.

If anything our AE program should expand to include Radio Frequency theory, basic electronics, antenna theory and computer bandwidth concepts.

computer bandwidth concepts could be something an IT officer could teach if they are knowledgeable and/or integrate it into the AE program for unmanned aircraft and the same for communications to teach radio frequency theories and antenna theories.

lordmonar

Quote from: mynetdude on May 04, 2010, 06:51:30 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 04, 2010, 05:43:06 AM

computer bandwidth concepts could be something an IT officer could teach if they are knowledgeable and/or integrate it into the AE program for unmanned aircraft and the same for communications to teach radio frequency theories and antenna theories.

Like I said.....incorporating UAV's into the AE program is easy.  It expands what we teach (which is a plus) and prepares our cadets for the future of aviation.