2 months between achievements

Started by CAP428, July 06, 2007, 02:53:05 AM

CAP428

I know the basic rule is 2 months in between each achievement, but I was talking with some people and I was getting two conflicting statements regarding this rule.

One person said that it was 2 months between each no matter what.

The other said that somewhere along the line (I want to say it was around C/CMSgt but I could be wrong) there was an achievement which did not follow this rule and that you could, in theory, promote again right after earning it.

So tell me, folks:  Is it two months no matter what between each achievement or is there one or two in there somewhere where this does not apply?

*Note:  I am not speaking of JROTC differences in promotion rate.  I'm talking about the "blanket rule" about 2 months between each.

Briski

My guess is that the confusion comes in with the old letter of the law, which only specified two months between achievements, meaning cadets could squeak by without waiting two months if it was a milestone award.

However, this was changed when they updated CAPR 52-16 and clarified that all cadets must wait a minimum of 60 days between each achievement ando milestone award.
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

MIKE

Quote from: CAPR 52-162-3. a. Sequence & Spacing. Cadets complete achievements and milestone awards sequentially. See Figure 2-1 for the Cadet Program's path of progression. Cadets may complete Achievement 1 any time after joining CAP. They may attempt the Spaatz Award exam any time after completing Phase IV (see paragraph 2-8g). All other achievements require a minimum separation of 2 months (approximately 8 weeks) between each achievement and milestone award (except as noted for JROTC in chapter 6).
Mike Johnston

lordmonar

The confusion might also be that there are 2 months between acheivements and milestones....but not promotions.  As C/CMSgt the cadet has to complete his first acheivment without getting promoted.  After Mitchel this is more the norm then not.

Again 52-16 is your bible here.  The finally have cleared up a lot of the gray.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

CAP428