Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC) Course, 30-31 Oct in Tampa, FL

Started by DBlair, September 10, 2010, 10:33:16 PM

DBlair

While CAPTalk has more of a national membership, I figured I would post this in case anyone is interested...

For the first time in several years, we will be holding a Training Leaders of Cadets (TLC) course here in FLWG/Group 3.

As most of you probably know, the TLC course is basically "Cadet Programs 101" for Senior Members and is essential for any SM involved with the Cadet Program. Additionally, it is required for a Senior Rating in the Cadet Programs Specialty Track.

Unfortunately not offered all that often, I urge any of you in FLWG (or elsewhere) who are needing this course to register as soon as possible, as we have a somewhat limited number of student slots open.

Date: 30-31 Oct 2010 (All day on 30th until late afternoon/early evening, done on 31st around noon)

Those wishing to stay locally rather than commute will be provided a list of suggested hotels/rates upon registration. If there are any questions or members wishing to register for TLC, feel free to email me.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

MSG Mac

I'll be there when there is more information posted on the FLWG web page, such as where in the Tampa area,.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

DBlair

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 17, 2010, 12:18:34 AM
I'll be there when there is more information posted on the FLWG web page, such as where in the Tampa area,.

Page has been updated.

http://www.flcadet.com/cp/tlcgroup3.aspx

DBlair

Just an update...

Thus far, we have over 40 members registered for the upcoming TLC course at MacDill AFB, from all over FLWG and beyond- including some CAPTalkers.

If anyone else is interested in attending, please do not delay as we still have a limited number of open seats. This course isn't held often, so take advantage of it being held at the end of this month.

To register, visit www.flcadet.com

Hill CAP

Quote from: DBlair on October 19, 2010, 04:16:54 AM
Just an update...

Thus far, we have over 40 members registered for the upcoming TLC course at MacDill AFB, from all over FLWG and beyond- including some CAPTalkers.

If anyone else is interested in attending, please do not delay as we still have a limited number of open seats. This course isn't held often, so take advantage of it being held at the end of this month.

I just registered I am looking forward to the course. I know it says Corporate Uniform so I am assuming Grey Slacks and Golf Shirt is ok. If not let me know as in moving I will have to find the rest of my White/Greys
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

DBlair

Quote from: FLCAP 268 on October 19, 2010, 04:23:52 AM
Quote from: DBlair on October 19, 2010, 04:16:54 AM
Just an update...

I just registered I am looking forward to the course. I know it says Corporate Uniform so I am assuming Grey Slacks and Golf Shirt is ok. If not let me know as in moving I will have to find the rest of my White/Greys

The CAP polo/golf shirt uniform is fine- I believe a few other members will likewise be wearing this.

DC

Was any confirmation sent out to those that registered? A member of my unit did the online registration a while ago and has not heard anything back.

DBlair

Quote from: DC on October 19, 2010, 05:54:12 PM
Was any confirmation sent out to those that registered? A member of my unit did the online registration a while ago and has not heard anything back.

There have been a couple waves of email confirmations sent out, and I'll be sending out a confirmation this week to everyone registered thus far. If you'd like to confirm a certain member, either send me a PM or email and I'll check to make sure the member is registered.

DC

DBlair

While most TLCs have 15-20 students, we had a record 45 students register for the course this weekend- members came from a variety of units, many from a great distance.