JROTC ribbons

Started by CAPCom, July 18, 2022, 02:32:43 AM

CAPCom

Am wondering which ribbons awarded from a JROTC program are allowed to be included on a CAP cadet's ribbon rack.  I've read 39-3 on the topic, but it doesn't specify.  I guess maybe what it doesn't say is what it actually says but want to be sure to verify any of our unit's cadets aren't wearing ribbons on their racks that they shouldn't.  Thanks for your help.

PHall

CAPR 39-1 3 March 2020 says:
11.2.5. JROTC/ROTC Awards. Three JROTC/ROTC ribbons awarded by military departments may be worn following CAP ribbons (except foreign ribbons) while the member concerned is enrolled in the JROTC/ROTC program. When the member is no longer participating in the JROTC/ROTC program, JROTC/ROTC ribbons will be removed.

CAPCom

Quote from: PHall on July 18, 2022, 04:00:31 AMCAPR 39-1 3 March 2020 says:
11.2.5. JROTC/ROTC Awards. Three JROTC/ROTC ribbons awarded by military departments may be worn following CAP ribbons (except foreign ribbons) while the member concerned is enrolled in the JROTC/ROTC program. When the member is no longer participating in the JROTC/ROTC program, JROTC/ROTC ribbons will be removed.

Perfect.  Thank you!

Capt Thompson

They don't necessarily have to be your top 3 ribbons, you can choose the three you wear, but as soon as you put them on your CAP uniform they are an inspection item so know what they are and how you earned them. When I was a Cadet, at competitions I always had questions during inspection about my JROTC ribbons since they are rare to see on a CAP uniform.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)