Updated CAPR 35-5 released today (11 Aug 14)

Started by Salty, August 11, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

LSThiker

Quote from: Eclipse on August 15, 2014, 10:59:59 PM
Hmmm...too bad there is no one internally, somewhere in CAP, who know how to do that, or for that matter military
bases anywhere else but in Ala.

Oh well, status quo it is!

so you are refusing to help when you apparently have the answer to the problem?

Alaric

Quote from: AirDX on August 15, 2014, 10:12:27 PM

BTW, I was advanced to Capt based on my pilot ratings, then I did all the Level 2,3,4 PD stuff.  Not all advanced grade placement is evil.

Evil, no; Necessary and/or useful also no.  What could you do as a CAP Captain, that you could not have done if you had not received an advanced promotion?

Eclipse

Quote from: LSThiker on August 15, 2014, 11:15:57 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 15, 2014, 10:59:59 PM
Hmmm...too bad there is no one internally, somewhere in CAP, who know how to do that, or for that matter military
bases anywhere else but in Ala.

Oh well, status quo it is!

so you are refusing to help when you apparently have the answer to the problem?

"Refusing to help".  Where do you get this stuff?

Few are interested, no one is asking.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Refusing to help and being asked to help are two sep things.  And let's be honest the folks at NHQ have demonstrated they do not really care about input from membership or how their decisions impact membership. 

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 04:53:32 PM
Bull Hocky

Yeah, you'll really have to cite on that, because there's a fair amount of evidence that "not invented here"
is alive and well in CAP at all levels.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Been spending all week with the NHQ typed and they do listen and car about in put from the field.

They may not agree with everything from the field but they do listen and the do consider how their changes affect the general membership and the mission.

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 05:10:40 PM
Been spending all week with the NHQ typed and they do listen and car about in put from the field.

They may not agree with everything from the field but they do listen and the do consider how their changes affect the general membership and the mission.

Actions say otherwise.

Eclipse

What do you expect them to do when you are standing in front of them?

No one said they were rude, nor for that matter intentionally inconsiderate.
There's a big difference between listening quietly when someone shales your hand,
and actually being interested in member input, or more importantly >help<.

Pick one, IT, regulatory mess, lack of strategic plan, PAO issues, brand and identity, etc., etc.

The thread of response is "we're too short handed", despite supposedly having 60,000 members
more then 1/2 of which are adults who joined for no other reason then to help.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 16, 2014, 05:17:58 PM

Actions say otherwise.
I see them doing it.    So you must not see the same things as I do.

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 16, 2014, 05:17:58 PM

Actions say otherwise.

And that's where we differ, I do not see it. 

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

I guess not.  Perhaps I should have had them add a rose-tint to my new glasses.

I'm sure we'd all love to hear about this great stuff, feel free...

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

LSThiker

Quote from: abdsp51 on August 16, 2014, 04:00:20 PM
Refusing to help and being asked to help are two sep things.  And let's be honest the folks at NHQ have demonstrated they do not really care about input from membership or how their decisions impact membership.

Well, I let the Chief Historian know there were a few mistakes in the Historian pamphlet.  The update was posted 3 days later.

I talked with Jennifer Carroll about a few things about my record, they were corrected the next day.

I talked with Jennifer Carroll about pulling all the wing CAPF 27s dating as far back as NHQ had, she sent them a week later.  they went back as far as 1978.

I have sent emails to Susie Parker on the weekend and she has replied to them on the weekend.

I have talked with Curt LaFond about a few Cadet Programs items.  Not all of my suggestions were added, but nevertheless, we had a few conversations about them.

When the Blue BDUs came out, I was asked for my opinion about them from an NHQ member (do not remember who any more).  I gave them my suggestions and later I had a follow-up email that addressed those concerns.

I had a conversation with Col Wheless (when he was the Vice Commander) about concerns I had.  He actually pulled out a notebook and wrote down what I said.

At a region conference, Brig Gen Bobick struck up a conversation with me and asked about concerns. 

Talked with Brig Gen Glasgow a few times about things.

Sure I have disagreed about a few things with NHQ, such as how long it takes to get a uniform manual published, but overall, I have a fairly positive view about NHQ.  Granted, not every person listens nor does every suggestion get implemented, but that is true no matter where you go.  I have never worked for an organization where I have agreed with all of their decisions, nor do I expect the same from NHQ. 

Overall, mileage varies considerably. 

LSThiker

NCRblues

Many of you may bash me, but I have thought over this for several days.

This new regulation is the straw that broke my camels back, and I will not be renewing when my membership comes due.

This decision pains me greatly, a former cadet and now senior, my heart and soul has been with CAP for 15 years. But not anymore.

My promotion to Major was pending for approval from my wing king from a couple months ago, but due to missed communications and the wing king going out of town it was simply not clicked on eServices.

Now I am told I no longer qualify for promotion, and due to my work and finance situation it will be years and years before I can even contemplate going to a RSC (NSC will almost always be out of the question).

I do not believe I should be held back from advancing because I am (and not ashamed to say it) working poor.

I am (was I guess now) active on multiple levels (local, Wing and NCSA) including command staff of the NCSA and several wing director level slots.

I now have to watch as others who are less active (and IMHO, less worthy) are able to afford to purchase a promotion, one that just a couple weeks ago I was eligible for, but suddenly no longer.

I am an AF veteran, current LEO and supervisor of multiple programs at my SO, yet no longer rate a promotion in CAP.

The lack of care from NHQ for the membership working hard for the origination fascinates me.

I will miss CAP greatly, and I shall always love the real idea of CAP, but what we have now is not what our founders and supporters in the greatest generation would appreciate.

Yes I am upset, sadden that I will not make Major. Some will say I am hung up on grade, and this is simply not true. But I feel that hard work should be rewarded, no matter the members ability to spend cash on courses that may or may not be a proper learning environment (I have great doubt that my RSC can offer good training , but that's another discussion).

Thanks everyone for the years of service, and I wish you all the best.

(Typing on my in car computer, so excuse any mistakes)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

THRAWN

Quote from: NCRblues on August 16, 2014, 11:32:33 PM

This new regulation is the straw that broke my camels back, and I will not be renewing when my membership comes due.

This decision pains me greatly, a former cadet and now senior, my heart and soul has been with CAP for 15 years. But not anymore.

My promotion to Major was pending for approval from my wing king from a couple months ago, but due to missed communications and the wing king going out of town it was simply not clicked on eServices.

Now I am told I no longer qualify for promotion, and due to my work and finance situation it will be years and years before I can even contemplate going to a RSC (NSC will almost always be out of the question).

I do not believe I should be held back from advancing because I am (and not ashamed to say it) working poor.

I am (was I guess now) active on multiple levels (local, Wing and NCSA) including command staff of the NCSA and several wing director level slots.

I now have to watch as others who are less active (and IMHO, less worthy) are able to afford to purchase a promotion, one that just a couple weeks ago I was eligible for, but suddenly no longer.

I am an AF veteran, current LEO and supervisor of multiple programs at my SO, yet no longer rate a promotion in CAP.

The lack of care from NHQ for the membership working hard for the origination fascinates me.

I will miss CAP greatly, and I shall always love the real idea of CAP, but what we have now is not what our founders and supporters in the greatest generation would appreciate.

Yes I am upset, sadden that I will not make Major. Some will say I am hung up on grade, and this is simply not true. But I feel that hard work should be rewarded, no matter the members ability to spend cash on courses that may or may not be a proper learning environment (I have great doubt that my RSC can offer good training , but that's another discussion).

Have a degree? SOS and ACSC are an option....if not, it is sad to see you go. You addressed a couple of the points that a few others were attempting to make....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Fubar

The waiver process should have included any previously submitted promotion paperwork that had not yet been approved or denied prior to the new regulation being published would fall under the old requirements. NCRblues is a perfect example as to why.

abdsp51

Quote from: Fubar on August 16, 2014, 11:40:40 PM
The waiver process should have included any previously submitted promotion paperwork that had not yet been approved or denied prior to the new regulation being published would fall under the old requirements. NCRblues is a perfect example as to why.

Yep.

MSG Mac

Quote from: NCRblues on August 16, 2014, 11:32:33 PM

Speak to the Wing/CC or the DP to move the Major appointment up by a month. As the approval authority he should be able to do that.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member