Main Menu

BOOTS

Started by addo1, August 16, 2007, 10:30:39 PM

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: addo1 on August 20, 2007, 05:55:32 PM
OK, now is speed lace, full lace, or regular lace better???  I'm confused.

COMBAT BOOTS! Then again I have giant feet so they just fit better!
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

DC

The different types of laces are all found on combat boots.

I prefer speed lace, I find it easier to work with, and it is, well, faster to work with (hence the name).

As to different types of boots, I prefer jungle boots. As a Floridian I have no need for a heavier boot, and the breathable nature of jungle boots makes wearing them in the summer much more tolerable. There is a lot less leather to polish too.  ;)

addo1

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on July 10, 2008, 07:05:28 PM

I have freakish large feet... Size 15.  And I am only 14?  scary... >:D   Anyways, I have a hard time finding boots for me, because my foot is VERY LONG AND NARROW.  The problem is, that my feet slip around in the boot, because my foot is so narrow.  I have to put like a no-slip shoe pad in the bottom of my boot.  Anyone else have this same problem?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

addo1

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 10, 2008, 04:45:43 PM
Interesting never knew that. *enemy* oh look something black and shiny coming right towards me.(two seconds later) *enemy* oww never trust a man wearing shiny boots. I know that was stupid but hey I thought it was funny.

Well, actually that is sort of right...  My chief is joining the Navy Seals, and his unit won't let them shine their boots, as they are supposed to be "invisible."  He wears the same boots to CAP meeting as to his seals meeting.  He shines them for CAP, then goes and scuffs them for seals... Sad, but it works.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: addo1 on July 11, 2008, 12:09:09 AM

I have freakish large feet... Size 15.  And I am only 14?  scary... >:D   Anyways, I have a hard time finding boots for me, because my foot is VERY LONG AND NARROW.  The problem is, that my feet slip around in the boot, because my foot is so narrow.  I have to put like a no-slip shoe pad in the bottom of my boot.  Anyone else have this same problem?

I have really wide feet, so I have to get the SWAT combat boots, they are very comfortable! Try the tying your boots tigh, and putting the non lip pads in that should hold it....and yes it is very weird how big your foot  is haha!
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

addo1

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on July 11, 2008, 12:19:23 AM

I have really wide feet, so I have to get the SWAT combat boots, they are very comfortable! Try the tying your boots tigh, and putting the non lip pads in that should hold it....and yes it is very weird how big your foot  is haha!

I had kept up with my age until this year  ;)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on July 11, 2008, 12:21:44 AM
Quote from: addo1 on July 11, 2008, 12:20:09 AM
Quote from: TEAM SURGE on July 11, 2008, 12:19:23 AM

LOL I think my feet are shrinking.... ???

I had kept up with my age until this year  ;)

I think my feet are shrinking.....???
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

JayT

Quote from: addo1 on July 11, 2008, 12:12:34 AM
Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 10, 2008, 04:45:43 PM
Interesting never knew that. *enemy* oh look something black and shiny coming right towards me.(two seconds later) *enemy* oww never trust a man wearing shiny boots. I know that was stupid but hey I thought it was funny.

Well, actually that is sort of right...  My chief is joining the Navy Seals, and his unit won't let them shine their boots, as they are supposed to be "invisible."  He wears the same boots to CAP meeting as to his seals meeting.  He shines them for CAP, then goes and scuffs them for seals... Sad, but it works.

Uh-huh...........
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

_

I wear size 15's as well.  The problem I see is that since not many companies make boots in size 15 a standard as to what is size 15 hasn't been established.  No 2 pairs of size 15's seem to fit the same.  I've bought 2 pairs of black boots, one jungle style, and the other are EMT types.  In both cases I don't wear them for missions because it's guaranteed that I'll get blisters within 30 minutes.  My main problem is the fit around the heel.  I've gotten to where I only wear civilian hiking boots.  The don't meet uniform standards but it's either that or I'll have to pull my team back out of the woods eventually because my feet will have turned into minced meat. 

maverik

Alright here are a few Before and after pics of my boots. Using an hour of my time,a cloth,water,and lincoln wax.

KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

addo1

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 11, 2008, 02:09:17 AM
Alright here are a few Before and after pics of my boots. Using an hour of my time,a cloth,water,and lincoln wax.

Not bad... I will have to try and find some lincoln wax.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

MIKE

I think this thread has run it's course.
Mike Johnston