Cheap and dirty TPU service cap modification

Started by AlphaSigOU, February 22, 2007, 01:12:58 AM

DNall

Quote from: TDHenderson on February 22, 2007, 05:05:37 PM
Those airmen in the front row are not doing a very good job of keeping their eyes straight ahead!  ;D
Quote from: DNall on February 22, 2007, 04:44:48 PM
Gotta love that first element eyes center command, right?

Major Carrales

Vanguard sucks, got it. They're doing better on the customer service, really. It does suck they can't get pix up on the site, but honestly how much volume you think they're doing to CAP versus the real mil side of their business. It's just a low priority to them.

Yes, but they have a freakin' monopoly by special arrangement.  Civil Air Patrol is an exclusive client, they have a responsibility to honor that arrangement...or should.

I am very pleased with their customer service, but the WEBSITE needs to be current and functional, not amendments to a hastily thrown together WEPAGE smattering as they have it now.

What can we then say?  Lack of Competion breeds mediocre service?  A basic tenet of Conservatice Economics.

SO, what can we do?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DNall

Complain to the lady at HQ. Adds a number to the list & if that gets high enough at some point you'd hope CAP would act on it.

Sure it's an exclusive arrangement, and that sucks cause it puts some outstanding suppliers out of reach, but it's a tiny side business for a big company that's focused on the big military contracts it lives or dies by.

RogueLeader

Quote from: DNall on February 22, 2007, 05:06:53 PM
Quote from: TDHenderson on February 22, 2007, 05:05:37 PM
Those airmen in the front row are not doing a very good job of keeping their eyes straight ahead!  ;D
Gotta love that first element eyes center command, right?
I understand proper Drill, but can you REALLY blame them?  I'd have to be in the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy to not look.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

O-Rex

Bought a brand-new Service Cap from OLCNET for about $10.00-a real bargain.

When I made Major, I bought the "farts & darts" upgrade version for $36.00.

In all my time in CAP I wore them.......twice.