Ground Handling Video

Started by RiverAux, September 02, 2007, 06:36:42 PM

es_g0d

Didn't this video come out like 5 years ago?  I'm surprised that its only now becoming mandatory training.
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

Eclipse

Quote from: es_g0d on April 11, 2009, 06:56:36 PM
Didn't this video come out like 5 years ago?  I'm surprised that its only now becoming mandatory training.

It came out a few years ago, but I had assumed it was re-edited for this round.

There's been a lot of hanger rash in the Sentinel in the last year.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

I think some of it looks different than what they put out in 2007, but couldn't say for certain. 

Lancer

It appears this 'testing system' has yet to be fully implemented. Nowhere can the grading key be found, you can't take the test online. There are only 10 questions on the test, so what is considered a passing score?

The instructions also mention a 'Training Course's Test', that is also nowhere to be seen. Am I missing something somewhere? The only options I had were to watch the video at Dial Up, Broadband Speed or download the video and download the test.

PHall

Quote from: Lancer on April 11, 2009, 08:04:12 PM
It appears this 'testing system' has yet to be fully implemented. Nowhere can the grading key be found, you can't take the test online. There are only 10 questions on the test, so what is considered a passing score?

The instructions also mention a 'Training Course's Test', that is also nowhere to be seen. Am I missing something somewhere? The only options I had were to watch the video at Dial Up, Broadband Speed or download the video and download the test.

It worked okay for me. 10 questions on the test and I think passing is 70%. And the questions aren't that hard either.
I took the test "cold turkey" and got a 90% and I never viewed the video.

And there is no grading key, the system scores your test and will tell you which question(s) you missed along with the correct answer.

It's pretty much the same on-line testing system they use for everything else.

Lancer

Quote from: PHall on April 11, 2009, 08:15:16 PM
It worked okay for me. 10 questions on the test and I think passing is 70%. And the questions aren't that hard either.
I took the test "cold turkey" and got a 90% and I never viewed the video.

So you were able to take test online? Interesting... There must be a WSA permission somewhere I must have to 'flip the bit' on.

Going to look.

RiverAux

ascorbate

Quote from: PHall on April 11, 2009, 08:15:16 PM
It worked okay for me. 10 questions on the test and I think passing is 70%.

It worked for me too... I even printed out a completion certificate at the end.
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

EMT-83

Quote from: Lancer on April 11, 2009, 08:17:25 PM
So you were able to take test online? Interesting... There must be a WSA permission somewhere I must have to 'flip the bit' on.

Going to look.

I believe there's an ActiveX pop-up that you need to click in order to view the video and take the test.

es_g0d

I was surprised to see that, after passing the course, it is not included in the Operations Validation Tool.
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

Lancer

Ok, I see what I wasn't doing. You must view the streamed video in order to get the online test option, if you just download the video and test, you don't get those options. Bad setup; the option to take the test should be in the left side menu.

RiverAux

Would sort of defeat the purpose if you can entirely skip the video.  Sure, there are some specific facts that they put in the test, but I don't think that the test is the primary reason for the video to exist.

Lancer

Quote from: RiverAux on April 12, 2009, 12:43:48 AM
Would sort of defeat the purpose if you can entirely skip the video.  Sure, there are some specific facts that they put in the test, but I don't think that the test is the primary reason for the video to exist.

Right, but the system is self defeating with the way the options are made available. If you are going to give people the option to download the video, then it should take you to a page to do so and then include the link to take the online test. You get the option to download the test, but who grades it? Who has the answer key for manual scoring? They tell you (if you are a squadron commander, safety officer, etc.) that you can enter the information manually, but it's little hard to do so if you can't score the test.

es_g0d

We will be viewing this at our local squadron(s) at the earliest convenience.  Members will take the test on their own, or perhaps we'll do a mass-entry (haven't figured that one out yet, but there's instructions for it).

That way we'll ensure (most) members actually view the video and don't simply take the test.  Even better, hopefully it will stimulate some discussion on how we can do things better.  Truly, it'll be an easy 1/2 hour activity.

Anyone figure out how to get it on the Validation Tool?
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net

gistek

https://www.capnhq.gov/news/CAP_CC_Ground_Handling_Video_Letter_Mar_09.pdf

2. ... A downloadable version is also available on eServices so units can conduct the training during squadron meetings. Commanders, safety officers, operations officers, and emergency services officers who hold these duty positions in eServices will automatically receive permissions so they are able to record group training in Operations Qualifications just like they can do for other required training. Unit reports for completion of this training are also available in Operations Qualifications.

davidsinn

Quote from: gistek on April 12, 2009, 02:35:36 PM
https://www.capnhq.gov/news/CAP_CC_Ground_Handling_Video_Letter_Mar_09.pdf

2. ... A downloadable version is also available on eServices so units can conduct the training during squadron meetings. Commanders, safety officers, operations officers, and emergency services officers who hold these duty positions in eServices will automatically receive permissions so they are able to record group training in Operations Qualifications just like they can do for other required training. Unit reports for completion of this training are also available in Operations Qualifications.

The problem with that is that I have yet to find the answer key or the passing score required.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Lancer

Quote from: davidsinn on April 12, 2009, 04:45:28 PM
The problem with that is that I have yet to find the answer key or the passing score required.

Ding Ding Ding Ding....thank you!