Ground Handling Video

Started by RiverAux, September 02, 2007, 06:36:42 PM

RiverAux

Has anyone else seen the CAP video on ground movement of CAP aircraft?  It is available in eservices through the multi-media download link on the left side of the page.

Seems okay, though I'm pretty sure none of the CAP members who starred in the video are going to win any Oscars for their acting. 

JC004

genejackson

:)  I know every person, cadet and senior in that video and they had an absolute BLAST making it.   N9983H, which was the C182 behind BG Anderson is the C182 sitting right now in my hangar her at KDAN.  MAJ Bailey who was the gent in the blue polo shirt who was "concerned" about the oil temp and leaving the airplane is my best friend and get this,  about 1 week after that video was show,  I was flying that exact airplane from BKT to DAN and the engine quit and I had to deadstick that airplane into CXE, a little airport in the middle of absolutely nowhere!  #4 cylinder blew apart.   We just got the airplane back into general service last week after the repair and new cylinder breakin.
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

♠SARKID♠

You jinxed it!  :)

smj58501

Quote from: genejackson on September 02, 2007, 10:11:37 PM
#4 cylinder blew apart.   

Out of curiosity, was this a G1000-equipped C182? We had a similar incident with ours back in July. The cylinder didn't blow apart, but it was discovered it was about to during a 100 hr inspection immediately occuring after a return flt from CO (we were delivering a blood sample for our State Vets Office). I am thankful it didn't of course... two of our members were flying over the Black Hills area of SD on a pitch dark evening. Sorta hard to find a place to put down in those conditions.

I am curious because I have "heard" other new G1000's may have had this problem. Yours is the fist I can pin to a tail number and a name. I am concerned if this might be a trend that Cessna/ NHQ's needs to follow up on.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

genejackson

Sean,
No -this was a 1985 C182-R model.  Engine had 909 hrs TSMOH and 92 hrs STOH when the cylinder cracked.  We were going thru 1.5 qts of oil per 1 flight hour when National sent me 6 new jugs to install for a top overhaul.  We did a very careful breakin of the new cylinders and put the airplane back into service.   
Gene
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

♠SARKID♠

smj58501

Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

RiverAux

Looks like this video is back as a requirement for aircrew members, flightline, and air ops staff, and some others.  Also has a test. 

I liked this, which was an option on one of the test questions (I'm not saying whether it was the right choice or not):

QuoteFlying body parts and/or clouds of red

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: RiverAux on April 09, 2009, 02:55:24 AM
Looks like this video is back as a requirement for aircrew members, flightline, and air ops staff, and some others.  Also has a test. 

I liked this, which was an option on one of the test questions (I'm not saying whether it was the right choice or not):

QuoteFlying body parts and/or clouds of red

I laughed pretty hard when I read that.

gistek

It's even funnier when you see it in the context of the question. (Which I will NOT reveal.)

Climbnsink

Was that quiz automatically recorded in my 'permanent CAP record' or do I need to print out the certificate?  I was logged in watched the video-seen it before at meetings, then passed the test and skipped the print option.   

SilverEagle2

Auto logged. Look under training on your member record.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Climbnsink

flyguy06

This is going to be another requirement that is going to make it hardon my members. Its hard enough getting them to do level one and OPSEC. now I have to pursuade them to watch yet another video.

EMT-83

^ Not as hard as that red cloud. Just sayin'...

Eclipse

Why do these videos stress taking time and care, and then show our people running out to the flight line?

Running on a flight line is an excellent way to become that red cloud on the ground.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

^ Wasn't that in the opening sequence where they showed everything being done incorrectly? Pushing on control surfaces, pulling on the prop, hitting the building, etc.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: RiverAux on September 02, 2007, 06:36:42 PM
Has anyone else seen the CAP video on ground movement of CAP aircraft?  It is available in eservices through the multi-media download link on the left side of the page.

Seems okay, though I'm pretty sure none of the CAP members who starred in the video are going to win any Oscars for their acting. 

I can't find it on the national website could somone advise where it is~~!!!
Thanks
RM

RiverAux

Can't give a direct link to something behind the password area on e-services.  Sign in to eservices and go to the multi-media link on the left side of the page and its there.