Main Menu

Airsickness?

Started by MacGruff, December 15, 2013, 12:09:38 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Everybody said if anyone is to roll a cessna, he was the man!

scooter

My solution to airsickness: When I fly commercial, I raid the seat backs in my row for bags. I fly with them and haven't used one yet! Works for me! ;) Other than that, no ideas how to avoid getting airsick except stay on the ground if its hot and bumpy.

The bag supply has come in handy for the other crew members though. Oh yea! They are water proof and work as emergency pee containers too.

NIN

Quote from: scooter on December 19, 2013, 03:04:07 AM
They are water proof and work as emergency pee containers too.

Could have gone all week without knowing about your relief tube habits... Now I'm ruined.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Mitchell 1969

Great theories and suggestions. But sometimes, no matter who you are, how many hours, regardless of lunch contents, it simply happens. Pull out the bag, take care of biz, get on with it.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

TexasCadet

But sometimes it helps to be wary of the food. For example, never eat the fish, especially if you are the pilot! ;D

a2capt

I think you ought to know what our chances are. The life of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone back there who not only can fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

NIN

Quote from: a2capt on December 21, 2013, 08:34:53 AM
I think you ought to know what our chances are. The life of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone back there who not only can fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Surely, you can't be serious?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MacGruff

Quote from: a2capt on December 21, 2013, 08:34:53 AM

I think you must have eaten some less-than-fresh fish just before this post...   >:D

Garibaldi

Who was it that advised people to eat peanut butter before a flight, because it tastes the same coming up as it did going down?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

PHall

Well, PB&J was my go to Box Lunch from the flight kitchen.
Almost impossible to screw up and they take heat well.

BHartman007

I've thankfully never gotten airsick (which is nice since I'm a pilot, kind of), but I've found that it's best for me to eat nothing at all within a few hours of going up or I may get a stomach ache.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

PHall

Quote from: BHartman007 on December 22, 2013, 09:29:53 PM
I've thankfully never gotten airsick (which is nice since I'm a pilot, kind of), but I've found that it's best for me to eat nothing at all within a few hours of going up or I may get a stomach ache.

In that case make sure you drink water or you may end up dehydrated. And it's very easy to get dehydrated when you're flying.

BHartman007

Quote from: PHall on December 22, 2013, 11:45:27 PM

In that case make sure you drink water or you may end up dehydrated. And it's very easy to get dehydrated when you're flying.

Agreed. I'm not always good at remembering to bring any, but I like to have some.

PHall

Quote from: BHartman007 on December 23, 2013, 04:09:00 AM

Agreed. I'm not always good at remembering to bring any, but I like to have some.

After you get that first dehydration headache, you won't forget again.

BHartman007

Quote from: PHall on December 23, 2013, 05:19:02 AM
Quote from: BHartman007 on December 23, 2013, 04:09:00 AM

After you get that first dehydration headache, you won't forget again.

You would think. I spent the last ten years chronically dehydrated as an HVAC tech. I'm old friends with the headache, lol.