Having some coffee and want to talk about uniforms...

Started by Eclipse, April 05, 2009, 09:11:30 PM

RogueLeader

still shows up on google. . . . . wHich may or may not be right. YMMV
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JohnKachenmeister

I must be mistaken.  I thought they closed Travis and Norton the same year.  Travis must have dodged the bullet.
Another former CAP officer

PHall

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 11, 2009, 05:24:12 PM
I must be mistaken.  I thought they closed Travis and Norton the same year.  Travis must have dodged the bullet.

Travis has never been on "the list". Travis is the West Coast hub for all military air cargo.

They closed Norton and George AFB's in 1993.

Other California Air Force Bases that have been closed in the past 20 years are:
Mather, McClellan, Castle, Onizuka, Hamilton and March was re-designated as a Air Reserve Base.

And people wonder why we have trouble finding places to do Encampment at. They've closed all of the places we did Encampment at!

MIKE

Mike Johnston

sarmed1

back to the topic....from an Air Force perspctive (specifically medical) even as reservist we have been instructed that when attending a conference on the USAF dollar we are to wear either long sleeve with tie or service dress.

Flying in uniform for the AF was allowed as aan option after the overwhelming number of Army types out there in the civilian system flying in ACU....try to make sure we are seen as part of the military, not that this an Army only fight sort of reasoning....

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel