Notice any new Things in e-Services?

Started by Major Carrales, January 01, 2008, 09:07:59 AM

brasda91

Quote from: drcomm on January 01, 2008, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on January 01, 2008, 06:25:56 PM
OK, now for what I nocited.  In the Member Search there was something thre called "LS Code," what is that exactally?

I'm not sure what the "A" stands for.  I would guess "Active", as in an active member.

FBI Approved
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: brasda91 on January 01, 2008, 07:07:42 PM
Quote from: drcomm on January 01, 2008, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on January 01, 2008, 06:25:56 PM
OK, now for what I nocited.  In the Member Search there was something thre called "LS Code," what is that exactally?

I'm not sure what the "A" stands for.  I would guess "Active", as in an active member.

FBI Approved

Per CAPR 52-10 All senior members must be screened in accordance with CAPM 39-2 and undergo Cadet Protection Program Training (CPPT) before working with cadets (CAPR 50-17, CAP Senior Member Professional Development Program). Members who have not completed the screening process and received their FBI "approved" status will not be permitted to act as the primary supervisor at cadet activities or associate with cadets in any way without the in-person supervision of a senior member who is currently in FBI "approved" status. FBI approved status is defined by a leadership code of "A" on the monthly membership listing and the issuance of a membership card that does not reflect the word "temporary."
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

drcomm

David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Major Carrales

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

CASH172

Quote from: brasda91 on January 01, 2008, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: CASH172 on January 01, 2008, 04:43:54 PM
Some reason when it turned Jan 1st, I saw the Cadet Protection link on the left.  I turn 18 in 2008, but I'm not 18 yet. 

Are you within the "cadets must complete CPPT within 6
months following their 18th birthday or if a promotion is due during that 6-month period"
window?

I don't turn 18 until May so I'm kinda clueless about it. 

brasda91

Quote from: CASH172 on January 01, 2008, 07:43:45 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on January 01, 2008, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: CASH172 on January 01, 2008, 04:43:54 PM
Some reason when it turned Jan 1st, I saw the Cadet Protection link on the left.  I turn 18 in 2008, but I'm not 18 yet. 

Are you within the "cadets must complete CPPT within 6
months following their 18th birthday or if a promotion is due during that 6-month period"
window?

I don't turn 18 until May so I'm kinda clueless about it. 

I'm guessing that the system has calculated that your birth year was 18 yrs ago, instead of calculating to the actual month and day.  :-\
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

shorning

Quote from: Eclipse on January 01, 2008, 06:22:33 PM
Changes like this are noted regularly on the RSS feed.

Now if they'd only include the newsletters/magazine in the feed...

baronet68

Quote from: drcomm on January 01, 2008, 05:18:25 PM
I have two sons who are members so when the magazine comes we get three.  We end up tossing two of them.  I know, we could leave the others in a public place but it would be nice to save a little money or have less waste.

Don't toss them.  Drop one copy off at your Doctor/Dentist office waiting room and the other at Jiffy Lube or some other place where people wait around so that it can be a recruiting tool.
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

mikeylikey

Quote from: baronet68 on January 01, 2008, 11:43:17 PM
Quote from: drcomm on January 01, 2008, 05:18:25 PM
I have two sons who are members so when the magazine comes we get three.  We end up tossing two of them.  I know, we could leave the others in a public place but it would be nice to save a little money or have less waste.

Don't toss them.  Drop one copy off at your Doctor/Dentist office waiting room and the other at Jiffy Lube or some other place where people wait around so that it can be a recruiting tool.

Going on with that, I wonder why NHQ is not sending copies to military units.  Especially AF units.
What's up monkeys?

Capt Rivera

I've actually been meaning to request extra copies from NHQ to distribute on the 2 bases local to me as well as around town. Have so much on my plate that I have not looked to see who I should contact about such a thing... Any ideas?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

brasda91

Quote from: riveraj on January 02, 2008, 02:40:58 AM
I've actually been meaning to request extra copies from NHQ to distribute on the 2 bases local to me as well as around town. Have so much on my plate that I have not looked to see who I should contact about such a thing... Any ideas?

Call Steve Cox.  He sent me a case.  He told me he would also put me on the schedule to send me another case a month or two after the first case and a month or two after that.  They will probably be old issues, but that won't matter to prospects or just to accidently leave somewhere.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Capt Rivera

Quote from: brasda91 on January 02, 2008, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: riveraj on January 02, 2008, 02:40:58 AM

Call Steve Cox.  He sent me a case.  He told me he would also put me on the schedule to send me another case a month or two after the first case and a month or two after that.  They will probably be old issues, but that won't matter to prospects or just to accidently leave somewhere.

Thank you tremendously for the info. That will probably save me lots of time and cell phone minutes. Ill give him a call tomarrow. Yeah, I don't mind old issues just as long as its getting the word out about us.

Whenever I get around to looking up his # I'll share it with anyone who needs it to save duplication of work.

Thanks again
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

brasda91

^^
Steve Cox
Public Affairs Coordinator
CAP National Headquarters
1-877-227-9142, extension 251
scox@capnhq.gov
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Capt Rivera

Quote from: brasda91 on January 03, 2008, 05:03:31 PM
^^
Steve Cox
scox@capnhq.gov

thanks... missed his duty day but left a messege, Ill let everyone know how easy/hard it is for me to get X amount
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

genejackson

The A is LSCode stands for Approved, as in FBI background check.  If not yet approved, you will see a P for pending.
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

mikeylikey

Quote from: genejackson on January 04, 2008, 04:59:47 AM
The A is LSCode stands for Approved, as in FBI background check.  If not yet approved, you will see a P for pending.

Or a  :o  for we found something, 
an   :-[   for we read your file and......
a     >:D  for  "welcome to CAP, you owe us more dues!" 
the ever popular  ???  for "you sent us a Coast Guard Auxiliary Application
the shifty  ;)   for  "we won't tell if you won't tell!
the    :-*   for "My name is Lisa, I did your FBI check, would you like to get dinner sometime?
My personal Favorite   :clap:  for "you are automatically a Lt Col for no apparent reason other than your Wing Commander and you went to College together"
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 04, 2008, 05:49:10 AM
Quote from: genejackson on January 04, 2008, 04:59:47 AM

Or a  :o  for we found something, 
an   :-[   for we read your file and......
a     >:D  for  "welcome to CAP, you owe us more dues!" 
the ever popular  ???  for "you sent us a Coast Guard Auxiliary Application
the shifty  ;)   for  "we won't tell if you won't tell!
the    :-*   for "My name is Lisa, I did your FBI check, would you like to get dinner sometime?
My personal Favorite   :clap:  for "you are automatically a Lt Col for no apparent reason other than your Wing Commander and you went to College together"

And finally the always in demand  ::) for the fact that Mr Mikey puts too much thought into these things.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SAR-EMT1

If you are this much fun online Sir, you must either be a blast  8) at the ROTC det, or the cadets hate your existence  :'(;D ... no disrespect intended. :angel:
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Capt Rivera

Spent about 3 min on the phone with Mr. Cox. He is starting off by sending 20 since I didn't ask for a specific amount. I wounld recommend email as a better method of communication. ( less errors in address/phone #s)

Quote from: riveraj on January 03, 2008, 09:38:14 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on January 03, 2008, 05:03:31 PM
^^
Steve Cox
scox@capnhq.gov

thanks... missed his duty day but left a messege, Ill let everyone know how easy/hard it is for me to get X amount
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander