Notice any new Things in e-Services?

Started by Major Carrales, January 01, 2008, 09:07:59 AM

Major Carrales

I noticed one thing, but has anyone else?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Gunner C

Nope.  I just looked and nothing seems different, but then there's a lot of trash stuff on there.

Gunner

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

RiverAux

I saw that when it came out and have a hard time figuring out why it is needed.  How many people are going to opt out of getting the magazine? 

brasda91

Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

MIKE

If it said:  Save X amount on annual dues by opting out of receiving the Volunteer by mail, and instead view it online.  Maybe.
Mike Johnston

Tubacap

hmmm... how would we propose this to the chain of command?  I am all about keeping my costs down.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

CASH172

Some reason when it turned Jan 1st, I saw the Cadet Protection link on the left.  I turn 18 in 2008, but I'm not 18 yet. 

brasda91

Quote from: CASH172 on January 01, 2008, 04:43:54 PM
Some reason when it turned Jan 1st, I saw the Cadet Protection link on the left.  I turn 18 in 2008, but I'm not 18 yet. 

Are you within the "cadets must complete CPPT within 6
months following their 18th birthday or if a promotion is due during that 6-month period"
window?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: Major Carrales on January 01, 2008, 09:07:59 AM
I noticed one thing, but has anyone else?

On the Utilities side or Restricted side?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

drcomm

Quote from: RiverAux on January 01, 2008, 02:25:00 PM
I saw that when it came out and have a hard time figuring out why it is needed.  How many people are going to opt out of getting the magazine? 

I have two sons who are members so when the magazine comes we get three.  We end up tossing two of them.  I know, we could leave the others in a public place but it would be nice to save a little money or have less waste.
David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI

RiverAux

I imagine that there are some cases out there like yours and I suppose it is probably more efficient to solicit changes in this way rather than having people call in, but compared to other eservices issues that need work I'm surprised that this one was addressed. 

IceNine

Quote from: RiverAux on January 01, 2008, 05:36:28 PM
I imagine that there are some cases out there like yours and I suppose it is probably more efficient to solicit changes in this way rather than having people call in, but compared to other eservices issues that need work I'm surprised that this one was addressed. 

This one directly affects the budget....  It all comes down to saving dimes first, then correcting issues. 

But, if they were smart they would make it more attractive to opt out of the hard copy and give us a break, and send them out via email if requested.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

Well, the magazine has been on the web for several years...

PHall

I cancelled my magazine subscription.
Yeah I don't get a break on my dues, but it one less copy for them to print. So I'm probably saving $0.10.

Eclipse

Changes like this are noted regularly on the RSS feed.

Quote from: eServices RSS
New CAP Magazine Admin Page
27 Dec 2007

CAP members can now add, or remove, themselves onto the official CAP Volunteer Magazine mailing list by using the new "CAP Magazine Admin" page, located on the CAP Utilities side of eServices.
On this page, members can view the primary address on their membership account and will be able to have subscriptions of the CAP Volunteer Magazine sent to this address.
Current subscribed members will have the option to be removed from the mailing list.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

OK, now for what I nocited.  In the Member Search there was something thre called "LS Code," what is that exactally?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Also don't see it on the member search page. 

drcomm

Quote from: Major Carrales on January 01, 2008, 06:25:56 PM
OK, now for what I nocited.  In the Member Search there was something thre called "LS Code," what is that exactally?

On member Search, pull up an individual senior member.  The LS code will be listed after the unit information.   "LS" stands for Leadership Status.  If you go to capwatch and pull up a squadron roster report you will see that only seniors have a LS code.  Usually this will be "A".  I'm not sure what the "A" stands for.  I would guess "Active", as in an active member.
David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI