Main Menu

Things to do ?

Started by Daniel, May 29, 2009, 07:29:31 PM

BrandonKea

Our squadron tests every other week. This doesn't count PT testing, which occurs once a month. Cadets wishing to test must sign the testing sign up before opening formation so the testing officer has time to get tests out, usually takes about 2 minutes for him to do that. Testing occurs side by side with other activities, so when the cadet finishes their test, they resume the class/activity/what have you. It all works out pretty nicely...
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

DC

Quote from: BrandonKea on May 31, 2009, 12:55:18 AM
Our squadron tests every other week. This doesn't count PT testing, which occurs once a month. Cadets wishing to test must sign the testing sign up before opening formation so the testing officer has time to get tests out, usually takes about 2 minutes for him to do that. Testing occurs side by side with other activities, so when the cadet finishes their test, they resume the class/activity/what have you. It all works out pretty nicely...
I have no standing to say what will or won't work in your squadron, but, what would your cadets be losing if you held written testing only once per month? That is, other than time spent away from all the interesting AE, Leadership and ES classes...

BrandonKea

Quote from: DC on May 31, 2009, 01:19:33 AM
Quote from: BrandonKea on May 31, 2009, 12:55:18 AM
I have no standing to say what will or won't work in your squadron, but, what would your cadets be losing if you held written testing only once per month? That is, other than time spent away from all the interesting AE, Leadership and ES classes...

lol, I don't have standing to answer that either, I don't administer Cadet Programs in my squadron, I'm simply relaying what we do.  :)

I'm not sure what they'd lose either, other than a second opportunity to test per month. Not every cadet can make every meeting. Again, it's not my AOC, but I would favor testing twice a month.

Now, testing EVERY week... that's a bit much, but again, I don't know what this Cadet's squadron is set up like.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP