I was looking at my hair today...

Started by Major Carrales, January 03, 2007, 07:33:25 AM

Major Carrales

My wife noticed I had some gray strands.

Some how my recollection of a story told here about a radio announcer who referred to CAP as the "Civil War Patrol" somehow produced, when mixed with this earlier event, prompted me to realize I'm becoming a member of the...

"Silver Hair Patrol"
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

Shut up, Joe.

Be glad you still HAVE hair! :D
Another former CAP officer

carnold1836

Welcome to the club Joe. what hair I have left is quickly going grey, and I am still fairly young at 36. ;D
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

Lancer

Quote from: carnold1836 on January 03, 2007, 01:43:10 PM
Welcome to the club Joe. what hair I have left is quickly going grey, and I am still fairly young at 36. ;D

I know how you feel. Thankfully I have blonde hair so the incoming grey's aren't that noticeable, but I did notice the other day as I had a few days of beard growth that stubble was considerably grey, :o . 37 myself. 

;D

AlphaSigOU

Already have more than my fair share of gray hairs, and if I let my beard grow out it's noticeably gray. Time to break out the Just For Men hair color...  ;D

Just turned 42 today.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

davedove

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 03, 2007, 12:34:14 PM
Be glad you still HAVE hair! :D

That's right.  I don't mind if my remaining hairs turn gray, as long as those suckers hang on. :-\
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Monty

Well, I just shaved my beard off this morning and am heading to the barber for the first time in about half a year....I made a similar discovery as well.

This commander's gig has put gray in my beard and on my head...shoot, and I don't turn 30 until May.  (Had no gray prior to becoming a commander......)

Guess I'm part of your club.

Al Sayre

I joined about 8 years ago, my beard was getting so grey I had to shave  it off.  Now I look 10 years younger. ;D

BTW Happy Birthday Chuck!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pylon

Quote from: Al Sayre on January 03, 2007, 03:58:14 PM
BTW Happy Birthday Chuck!

Indeed, Happy Birthday Chuck!  :)

I'm still a smidge young to be worrying about those pesky grey hairs.  I'm sure if I keep up my CAP membership I'll have them soon enough, though.  No doubt about that.    :angel:
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

carnold1836

Strangely enough my greys did come from CAp (although its not helping I'm sure). It is my kids, all 5 of them. 3 of them are triplet girls and I had to teach them all how to drive in Kansas City during the winter in the snow and ice. If that doesn't make grey sprout overnight I don't know what will.

And before anyone tryes to do the math I married an older woman with all the kids being her's from a previous marriage. ;)
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

Skyray

My daughter got me good a couple of years ago with "Daddy, what color did your hair used to be?"
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

fyrfitrmedic

I can't tell if my hair is going gray; I keep it too short and it's starting to leave anyway  :)

I did notice that the sort-of beard that grew in during my honeymoon a few months back came in 'salt and pepper', so...

[shrug]
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Monty

Quote from: Skyray on January 03, 2007, 04:55:14 PM
My daughter got me good a couple of years ago with "Daddy, what color did your hair used to be?"

Dang, that is awesome!   That sounds like something my son would say!  :D ;D :D ;D

Almost falls right in with another innocent question my boy asked me over the holidays....  "Dad, did you ever see Mom naked?"   :o

alexalvarez

In the olden days white hair was a symbol of wisdom. I am also getting some snow in my hair and my kids help put it there. May God bless us all.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

SarDragon

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 03, 2007, 02:16:00 PM
Already have more than my fair share of gray hairs, and if I let my beard grow out it's noticeably gray. Time to break out the Just For Men hair color...  ;D

Just turned 42 today.

My beard is pretty much all white, but the head hair is still predominately brown. I'm 57.

As for Just For Men hair color, the beard stuff is too much of a PITA. It has a shelf life, and will die in the tubes if you don't use it fast enough, and it didn't come in my color (red) anyway. so, WYSIWYG!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PhoenixRisen

Sheesh, y'all think you got it bad? 

I'm 14, and I've seen a few grey's already.

Lancer

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on January 03, 2007, 10:56:11 PM

Have a couple scary O-flights?  ;D

ColonelJack

First, let me add my voice to those saying Many Happy Returns, Chuck!

Now, my own hair tale -- it went almost solid gray several years back.  These days, when I brush my hair, I take a look at the leavings in the brush and experience mixed emotions -- it's gray, but it's hair!  They say a high forehead is a symbol of intelligence.  If that's true, then I'm on track to make Einstein look like a simpleton.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Al Sayre

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on January 03, 2007, 10:56:11 PM

When I was in the Navy I worked with a guy who had gone totally grey by 22...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Dunno which would be worse - being totally grey at 22, or being bald at 22.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret