Which 'windbreaker' jacket is correct?

Started by rjfoxx, September 13, 2009, 12:05:17 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: rjfoxx on September 16, 2009, 12:51:04 PM
Apparently there has been a "change" about the black sweater.  The Army black sweater is NOT allowed with the blue/white uniform.  It must be a "black police style sweater with epaulets".  This is from the San Antonio National meeting according to my Wing Commander. 

Which is what I said above...

"That Others May Zoom"

Phillip

The black sweater was approved?  ???  I thought it had been nixed.  The use of the police style sweater was one of the suggestions I submitting to my Wing CC.
Captain

Thom

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly delineates the Police-style Sweater from the US Army Sweater?

And, for that matter, after a little Googling, it appears that Police-style covers a wide range of different sweaters, some with and some without chest patches, and some without epaulets, though I believe the NB decision would require the with-epaulet versions for CAP.

So, what did we just adopt?  (I know, wait for the ICL...)

FYI, I agree with those who posted earlier about the appearance of the Black Windbreaker:  It is Sharp!  Very nice looking uniform combo for the CSU with the blue pants and flight cap with that jacket.

Thom Hamilton

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have a Royal Canadian Navy issue pullover black sweater, V-neck, velcro'ed epaulets, and no place on the front for a nameplate like the Army's black sweater.  I'm wondering if it would be acceptable...actually, it would look good with the blue epaulettes on the CSU.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011