dress blue uniform were

Started by 2lt.lyman, April 30, 2009, 05:01:02 PM

2lt.lyman

can you were rank Epaulette's on the air force sweater for cap and do you have to put a unit patch on it and on the blue sevice coat that has the epaulettes sewn on to it (two).
john a. lyman

teesquared

See CAPM 39-1, Fig 2-20, page 35.
Unit patches are NOT worn on the blue service coat.
CAPM 39-1 and the supplemental memoranda are the reference for any uniform questions. Hopefully we will be getting a new version soon.  ;)
Maj Terry Thompson
DP/DA   RMR-CO-147

notaNCO forever

Patches are not worn on the blues at all.

JayT

Quote from: 2lt.lyman on April 30, 2009, 05:01:02 PM
can you were rank Epaulette's on the air force sweater for cap and do you have to put a unit patch on it and on the blue sevice coat that has the epaulettes sewn on to it (two).

Can you wear shoulder marks on the Air Force pull over sweater for CAP? Do you have to put a unit patch on on either the sweater, or the officers style service dress jacket?

See the difference?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

cap235629

Quote from: JThemann on April 30, 2009, 06:48:01 PM

Can you wear shoulder marks on the Air Force pull over sweater for CAP? Do you have to put a unit patch on on either the sweater, or the officers style service dress jacket?

See the difference?

Lighten up Francis.  This new CAP Talk member has made a total of 2 posts, both of which you have nuked over grammar.  If you feel the need to make a correction, please avail yourself of the private message function.

While I do agree proper grammar is a must, wouldn't it be better to praise in public and counsel in private?

And to avoid being labeled a hypocrite, I will take the rest of MY corrections to private message.  I posted this publicly as a show of support for a new member.

Welcome to CAP Talk 2lt.lyman

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Spike

Quote from: cap235629 on April 30, 2009, 08:26:58 PM
Quote from: JThemann on April 30, 2009, 06:48:01 PM

See the difference?

Lighten up Francis.  This new CAP Talk member has made a total of 2 posts, both of which you have nuked over grammar.  If you feel the need to make a correction, please avail yourself of the private message function.

Agreed!  Either give an answer or don't post if it upsets you so much!

Answering the questions.....no patches on blue jackets/sweaters and yes to wearing rank slides on the sweater. 

Lt Oliv

QuoteLighten up Francis.  This new CAP Talk member has made a total of 2 posts, both of which you have nuked over grammar.  If you feel the need to make a correction, please avail yourself of the private message function.

Well played...

Eclipse

Quote from: TimOliv on May 17, 2009, 03:50:36 PM
QuoteLighten up Francis.  This new CAP Talk member has made a total of 2 posts, both of which you have nuked over grammar.  If you feel the need to make a correction, please avail yourself of the private message function.

Well played...

No, it wasn't.

We've all made it very clear that this isn't Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, or even Cadet Stuff.  All are welcome, but grammar and spelling count, especially considering that the majority of users here are adults.

Best to learn that day 1.

"That Others May Zoom"

Lt Oliv

Quote from: Eclipse on May 17, 2009, 04:00:45 PM
Quote from: TimOliv on May 17, 2009, 03:50:36 PM

Well played...

No, it wasn't.

We've all made it very clear that this isn't Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, or even Cadet Stuff.  All are welcome, but grammar and spelling count, especially considering that the majority of users here are adults.

Best to learn that day 1.

Yeah, I'm not sure how your adult life has been going thus far, but I generally don't blast another adult in public over grammar.  There is a PM feature that can be used.

And by the way, my "well played" was directed at the well placed "Stripes" reference.  Most of us are adults, so we should behave like  adults, not a 12 year old hall monitors.

Eclipse

Its starting to feel like September around here again...

"That Others May Zoom"