State Fair Recruiting

Started by C/2d Lt, September 03, 2012, 03:01:15 AM

C/2d Lt

This past week we have been at the State Fair trying to get the word out about Civil Air Patrol an maybe recruit some cadets. This week has worked out great and i think we have a lot of interest. The only problem is receiving the credit because a lot of cadets have put a lot of time and effort into the fair and i would like to see them be reworded for that. The only problem is that some of the cadets have been there five days while some have only gone for one day or even a half day. Along with this at our both I would give out my name but not my cap ID because that is not something that you just hand out. I believe that the other cadets have the same feeling. So I was hoping that someone would have an idea of a list or something where the new cadets could just write down State Fair on there application and we basically assign them a cadet that was at the state fair to receive credit. Is there any other ideas.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

spacecommand

In this regard I would give credit to the cadet the prospective member spoke with at the state fair. 

Hopefully the prospective member will show up to a regular meeting night to take a look around, speak with members/see how meetings are operated etc and if they see the cadet there (or you can ask them if they remember) then if that person decides to join, give the credit to the cadet they spoke with.

a2capt

What's wrong with the CAPID?

Keep a log from the fair with who talked to who. Ask for a name from them, last name is all that's needed. Put it on a sheet with a the last name of who talked to 'em.

That's going to give you a lot more to match up now.

As for the ones that went 5 days vs. the one that went half a day. Who talked to the person? Why should someone else get credit for someone elses incentive?

manfredvonrichthofen

Easiest way I have figured out, is to give each cadet a paper, like a roster, with their name and ID on it. Each prospective cadet can put down their name and number, and keep those forms and check them off... Of course that will only work for the future seeing as it's too last this time.

But just to keep it fair, if prospective members do show up and join, give the credit to this who spent the most time recruiting first, then work your way down from there.

BigShu

You could also use a simple flyer type handout detailing the CAP selling points, and have the cadets tell prospective recruits to bring the handout with them to a meeting (meeting time and place on the handout). Put the cadet's last name, or just a code, on each handout and give credit as the handouts show up at meetings, and recruits are converted to cadets.

MSG Mac

The best way to reward these cadets (and seniors)  is to write them up for Commander's Commendations, Achievement awards, or letters of Commendation depending on their participation and efforts during the event. If these prospective members do join, they may remember who they spoke to-and usually won't. They may not even join your unit, so waiting for them to walk in the door may be fruitless. In addition the new member is the one who says who he spoke to and writes the name on the CAPF 12/15. Better to go with the F120 and hope the new people have an inkling of who they spoke to and come to the right unit.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member