Where to find white on blue patches?

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, September 27, 2010, 10:13:04 PM

manfredvonrichthofen

I was looking through old posts and I could find where someone had posted a long time ago a couple of pages that had white on blue RM cloth badges, but those are no longer there. VG will sell them, but only in lots of 100. I only want 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DakRadz

Ooops, I forgot what I had actually posted. Never mind...

EDIT: http://www.nametags4u.com/civilairpatrol.html

They still have the RM option, just no actual CAP stuff.

JC004

Hawk200

manfredvonrichthofen

But it does when wearing things like GT badges.

JC004

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 27, 2010, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: JC004 on September 27, 2010, 10:42:35 PM
These folks have some.

http://www.thebattlezone.biz/airforce/badges.html

Does not have CIB nor AASLT.

cuz AF.  There isn't much demand for a decades-old color scheme, I imagine - especially in non-AF badges.  Had you joined the AF instead, you would have been more easily able to get blue and white badges.  See what you did?   >:D

DBlair

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 27, 2010, 10:53:42 PM
But it does when wearing things like GT badges.

If you are wearing a GT badge along with Air Assault and CIB, then you are wearing one too many badges. Pick 2.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

manfredvonrichthofen

There is nothing wrong with being in the Army.

No, I can't wear all three but I can still wear my CIB and GT badge. I was really just wondering where to find them. Thank you DakRadz, you answered my question wonderfully.

Hawk200

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 28, 2010, 12:32:22 AM
... I can still wear my CIB and GT badge. I was really just wondering where to find them.
Wear the subdued one on top. It won't look like there's an oddball space from a distance.

manfredvonrichthofen

You can't wear RM badges above CAP badges, 39-1 states that CAP badges must be worn above RM badges.

PHall

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 28, 2010, 02:22:17 AM
You can't wear RM badges above CAP badges, 39-1 states that CAP badges must be worn above RM badges.

Which is why I don't wear my CAP badges/wings. I wear my Air Force ones instead. I had to work to get those!

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on September 28, 2010, 03:11:32 AMWhich is why I don't wear my CAP badges/wings. I wear my Air Force ones instead. I had to work to get those!

So those of use with only CAP badges didn't work for them?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I think the amount of work involved in Phil's AF badges far exceeds the amount involved in his CAP badges.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

I cant seem to find where is says military badges below cap ones...i see where it says cap aviation badges above military but..... like ground team... i don't see it... maybe I'm blind but could someone cite please?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: NCRblues on September 28, 2010, 03:43:31 AM

I cant seem to find where is says military badges below cap ones...i see where it says cap aviation badges above military but..... like ground team... i don't see it... maybe I'm blind but could someone cite please?

39-1 page 18 pint 8, "A maximum of 2 devices may be worn above the ribbons." That is set for the blues.

Page 32 of the 39-1 states in lines 5 and 6 "5. CAP Aviation Badges and Specialty Insignia: Embroidered, worn 1/2 inch above the cloth "Civil Air Patrol" tape worn
over the left breast pocket. If both devices are worn, aviation badges should be 1/2 inch above specialty insignia.
6. Military Aviation Badges: Embroidered (subdued or white on blue), centered 1/2 inch below the CAP
aviation badge above left breast pocket.

So far as the BDU is concerned, there is a limit of four badges/ devices that may be worn. according to the 39-1 page 105 paragraph 1 6-2 policy A maximum of four badges/devices may be worn
on the AF-style uniforms.

So that being said, I was wrong about it stating that CAP badges are to be worn above any RM badges, it was aviation badges. However I was wrong also about the number of badges that may be worn on the BDU, you may wear 4. My only question is are you allowed to wear two side by side, I know it says you may not wear two in the same position, the Army uniform manual said the same thing though, but they actually showed what they were talking about. They were speaking of wearing an Expert Infantry Badge (without wreath) literally sewn to the Combat Infantry Badge so they became the one badge trying to mean that the wearer has earned both. I guess the same could be done with the GT badges. *PUKE* why anyone would try to wear multiple badges against each other is beyond me.

arajca

I see where you got the four badge max, but if you read the bdu section (pg 32), it references "both" for CAP aviation and specialty insignia. Which indicates a max of two badges.

Methinks a message to Ms. Susie Parker is called for...

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on September 28, 2010, 03:27:08 AM
I think the amount of work involved in Phil's AF badges far exceeds the amount involved in his CAP badges.

YMMV.

Not relevant to the discussion and insulting to fellow members, especially characterized as such.

"That Others May Zoom"

Patterson

^ Thank you Eclipse.....words right out of my brain. 

Now and again we run across prior service members who come into CAP and feel they need to announce that they served, and take an attitude that their achievements far outweigh the achievements of other CAP members.

I guess the member I have in my unit who is blind, but worked hard at getting his communicators badge did not work long or hard enough according to some!!

Trung Si Ma

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 28, 2010, 05:06:33 AM
*PUKE* why anyone would try to wear multiple badges against each other is beyond me.

Back in the day ... (old guy stuff and topic drift AND it's about uniforms - I win!!!)

We (in the Army) would pin full color EIB's to our CIB's (if authorized both) during the EIB testing period.  It was supposed to show that we were "true blue".  If I remember correctly, the EIB-only guys also pinned full color ones on during the test to show who had them.  I remember the first, but there may have been one to many bad PLF's on the second one since I got them in alphabetical order.

Would not be an issue these days with all of the badges being pin on on the ACU.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it