Level 3? You'll need that Brig General Charles E. “Chuck” Yeager Award.

Started by Майор Хаткевич, January 16, 2013, 03:57:38 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Was looking at what I need for my Level 3, and saw this in CAPR 50-17 28 DECEMBER 2012:

QuoteEarn the Brig General Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager Award. This requirement is effective 31 March 2013

It's an interesting move. I know in the past, most SMs were proud to get the Yeager, because it was closed book. Now it's open book online, and there's not even any real recognition for it. (Is there even a cert for it anymore?).

Cool Mace

For me anyway. It wasn't a hard test. Moving through the cadet ranks made it pretty simple.
I think anyone with a love for aerospace would have no trouble passing it with out studying.

I don't think there is any real cert for it. None that I know of anyway.

:SIDE NOTE: Congratulations on the promotion, Capt!
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

johnnyb47

I earned the Yeager a little over a year and a half ago. There was still a cert at that time but there was also a seal added to my Davis or Loening certs for earning both awards during the same time frame.
I'll have to look to remember which one it was....
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rick-DEL

The seal goes on the Davis. I finished the Davis recently and received the Davis Award with the affixed Yeager seal on it. I took the Yeager in late 2011 and did receive a seperate cert at that time.

Майор Хаткевич

Hm...I don't have either cert....does the unit have to request them?

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 16, 2013, 04:37:17 PM
Hm...I don't have either cert....does the unit have to request them?

They used to come from NHQ, but now the  Yeager cert can be printed from the online test system.  Wing has a large-format printer and you can
request one from them, but I would not leave a cab waiting in the parking lot on that request.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Cool Mace on January 16, 2013, 04:11:51 PM

:SIDE NOTE: Congratulations on the promotion, Capt!

Thank you! The staff were sneaky. Up until the meeting eservices said "1st Lt", but somewhere during the meeting it switched to Capt. The date in the Promotions tab has 18Dec12 however.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

I accidently took both Yeager Test. I guessed i wanted to make sure twice that i knew the information. Im waiting on LVL 2 however, unfortunately i chose a Technician rating that takes a year :(. Congrats on the New Bling, will you  be the Next BGen?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 16, 2013, 05:15:54 PM
I accidently took both Yeager Test. I guessed i wanted to make sure twice that i knew the information. Im waiting on LVL 2 however, unfortunately i chose a Technician rating that takes a year :( . Congrats on the New Bling, will you  be the Next BGen?

Having been a member of this forum through the colorful years since 2007 - I hope not!

Rick-DEL

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Rick-DEL on January 16, 2013, 05:48:16 PM
Congrats on the Promo !!!

I'll experience one next month.

Early congrats to you as well! Get working (if you haven't) on that Level 2 fast, because 18 months isn't all that long.

Rick-DEL

TarRiverRat

I just completed mine in December and you can print a certificate off when you complete it.  My Deputy CO of Seniors just ordered me a Yeager Certificate.  They dont automaticaly send you the big one anymore but it can be ordered.
Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057

Woodsy

Quote from: TarRiverRat on January 19, 2013, 05:04:25 AM
I just completed mine in December and you can print a certificate off when you complete it.  My Deputy CO of Seniors just ordered me a Yeager Certificate.  They dont automaticaly send you the big one anymore but it can be ordered.
What's the process for ordering one?  I'd like to add one to my "certificates" scrapbook... 

PHall

I've held the opinion for a long time that anybody who has passed the Mitchell Award AE Exam should be able to pass the Yeager cold turkey!

Camas

Quote from: Woodsy on January 19, 2013, 06:52:22 AM
What's the process for ordering one?  I'd like to add one to my "certificates" scrapbook...
It's CAPC20. I believe it has to be ordered by wing or region; not sure a squadron can order it.

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on January 19, 2013, 07:09:13 AM
I've held the opinion for a long time that anybody who has passed the Mitchell Award AE Exam should be able to pass the Yeager cold turkey!

I agree. I did pretty much that, except my Mitchell exam was in 1967, so there were a few new things on the test I had to remember from being around when they happened.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ColonelJack

Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

The CyBorg is destroyed

They don't actually issue the nice certificate on nice paper that I got with my Yeager back in 1997?

Cheapskates.

Maybe CAP figures that now it's not closed-book, the ribbon is all you get. >:D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011