Guy in Albuquerque Being Detained in ABUs

Started by CFToaster, June 16, 2020, 02:59:54 PM

CFToaster

Can we share a collective cringe at this photo:

I won't say anything anything about the deeper context, but I think it's an impactful way of illustrating why we have a R39.1.2 going over where TO and where NOT TO wear the uniform.

JayT

I don't understand your point. Can you elaborate further?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Capt Thompson

Seeing that he has no tapes or insignia whatsoever, I doubt he belongs to any organization, or has ever heard of 39-1. Pretty sure he picked these up at a surplus store cheap and decided to wear them to the protest because he thinks he looks cool.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

CFToaster

I would go with the Surplus Store idea, except for the green boots. That kinda says Veteran to me. *shrug*

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

I'm guessing that the OP is referring to CAP members being reminded as to when and where to wear their Air Force-style uniforms to avoid any negative visual appearance of Civil Air Patrol, the Air Force, or other military/law enforcement agency at an event.

RiverAux

And he was wearing an unapproved boonie hat  >:D  >:D

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0