California Wing has no approved supplements or OIs on the NHQ website.

Started by Holding Pattern, June 03, 2020, 11:05:48 PM

Holding Pattern

QuoteCalifornia

There are no approved supplements or OIs.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/publications/approved-supplements-and-ois-by-region/pacific-regions-supplements-and-ois

I seem to recall CAWG had a giant stack of forms and supplements. Am I misremembering this, or did someone decide to go on a deregulation spree?

PHall

Last wing commander killed them about 4 years ago.

Some of it was incorporated into the Region Sups and some of it was just eliminated.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: PHall on June 04, 2020, 12:07:13 AMLast wing commander killed them about 4 years ago.

Some of it was incorporated into the Region Sups and some of it was just eliminated.

So are all of the forms on the CAWG website just not being used?

PHall

Forms are different from Supplements and OI's.
Some forms like the Form 11 Reimbursement Request are just normal "housekeeping" forms.
Other forms like the old CAWG Form 31 were replaced with a National form.

Utah Wing doesn't have any approved supplements or OI's either. But you didn't ask about them, is there a reason why?

SarDragon

OK, guys, let's keep it civil. Any more snark, and this goes away.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Holding Pattern

Quote from: PHall on June 04, 2020, 09:44:43 PMForms are different from Supplements and OI's.
Some forms like the Form 11 Reimbursement Request are just normal "housekeeping" forms.
Other forms like the old CAWG Form 31 were replaced with a National form.

CAPR 1-2 Para 8.4.

Forms. All forms, regardless of the issuing unit, must be prescribed in a directive publication.
The prescribing publication states the purpose of the form and directs when to use the form, when to
complete it, and how to submit it.

As for why I picked on CAWG, quite simply, I recalled a lot more regulations historically on the list and seeing the list blank was a bit jarring.

MSG Mac

Nothing wrong with not having extraneous requirements above and beyond National's
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member