What to call a building

Started by Geber, February 28, 2018, 04:36:23 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Remember that the Incident Command Post only becomes an ICP when there is an actual emergency or incident. And from the ICS terminology, it can be anything. It can be a nice building to a platoon latrine, excuse me.

So you are over thinking this. Just call it CAP HQ. Or CAP Building.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on March 02, 2018, 04:28:53 PM
Remember that the Incident Command Post only becomes an ICP when there is an actual emergency or incident. And from the ICS terminology, it can be anything. It can be a nice building to a platoon latrine, excuse me.

So you are over thinking this. Just call it CAP HQ. Or CAP Building.

Careful there Luis, you actually agreed with me. That's not supposed to happen! >:D

Fester

This is STILL going?  How in sam hell has it not turned into a Uniform thread yet?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

kwe1009

Quote from: Fester on March 03, 2018, 07:01:49 AM
This is STILL going?  How in sam hell has it not turned into a Uniform thread yet?

The building should be named in honor of CAP receiving the AFOEA and to those who can wear the USAF-style blues.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Geber on February 28, 2018, 04:36:23 PM
A certain CAP campus at an airport has a hangar and a main building. The main building has a meeting room, offices for various posts like wing commander, air boss, ground boss, etc., and a communications room.

This might be called an emergency operations center (EOC), but if I understand ICS correctly, it's only an EOC during an ICS incident, and only after it has been designated as such by the IC or the authorized subordinate.

I see the term "mission base" thrown around, but I don't know what regulation or manual says what is and isn't a mission base. I also don't know if a building can be a mission base 365 days a year, or only during a mission.

There was another term I've heard, but I can't remember it exactly.

So what should I call the building, or the campus, when no mission or incident is in progress?

The CAP $SQUADRONNAME Building
The $CAPGROUPNAME Center of Excellence
The Brass Cannon (Password:TANSTAAFL)
The $REGION EOC
The Coffee House
The Break Room

SarDragon

Quote from: Mordecai on March 03, 2018, 10:52:32 PM

:clap: You, sir, have won the Internet today. That tome recently passed through my reading list, for thee ump-teenth time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

You should totally call it the Tactical Operations Center, just so you can sound cool when you say "Report to the TOC". As we all know, the whole point of CAP is to look cool by applying military lingo to something even when it's completely unsuited to the situation  ;)
"To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That's when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?" -Col John Boyd

LATORRECA

Command Operational Center "COC" forward or main. You pick....

kwe1009

Quote from: CAPSOC_0pur8ur on March 05, 2018, 12:37:20 AM
You should totally call it the Tactical Operations Center, just so you can sound cool when you say "Report to the TOC". As we all know, the whole point of CAP is to look cool by applying military lingo to something even when it's completely unsuited to the situation  ;)

I hear more military lingo at a CAP function than I do at work and I work for Joint Special Operations Command!

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

Quote from: kwe1009 on March 05, 2018, 01:46:15 PM
Quote from: CAPSOC_0pur8ur on March 05, 2018, 12:37:20 AM

I hear more military lingo at a CAP function than I do at work and I work for Joint Special Operations Command!

Yeah, that's what happens when you combine a bunch of CoD crazed cadets with a bunch of military retirees who egg them on because it reminds them of the "glory days"  ::)
"To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That's when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?" -Col John Boyd

Mitchell 1969

I predict that, eventually, it will be known to outsiders as simply "The CAP building" and to CAP members as "the building."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Fubar

Call it the DFAC. Everyone will always show up on time if you say, "Meet me at the DFAC."

PHall

If you were at this building and were ordering a pizza from Domino's, how would you describe the building?
"The CAP building" works for me. Simple and just about everybody can understand what you're talking about!

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

Pshhhh, just tell the pizza guy to bring it to the TOC. He'll figure it out eventually >:D

PHall

Quote from: CAPSOC_0pur8ur on March 06, 2018, 03:34:53 AM
Pshhhh, just tell the pizza guy to bring it to the TOC. He'll figure it out eventually >:D

Hope you like cold pizza! >:D

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

PHall

Brad

We just call ours the Squadron Building and that's that.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

gbecker

Quote from: SarDragon on March 03, 2018, 11:23:35 PM
Quote from: Mordecai on March 03, 2018, 10:52:32 PM

:clap: You, sir, have won the Internet today. That tome recently passed through my reading list, for thee ump-teenth time.

Outstanding! I love the sound of RAH in the morning...