SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hawk200

Propper makes good uniforms, but if you're wearing them in the field, buy the cheap stuff for $20-25 per piece. Don't spend a lot of money on uniforms that you're going to tear up in the field. Sewing up a hole in your pants is OK while in the field, but for reasons of professional appearance, that piece of uniform needs to be replaced once you get back.

There are loads of places you can get BDU's in just about any color you might reasonably want (I've even seen orange BDU's in the past) all over the Net.

If you pull new utilities out of the package, and then put them straight into the dryer (don't wsh them first) for an hour, they usually won't have much of a fading problem. Seems like some manufacturers don't let the dye completely set before they ship them out. It also helps to wash them inside out, which also softens up the insides, making them more comfortable.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Hawk200 on May 20, 2007, 03:19:10 PM
There are loads of places you can get BDU's in just about any color you might reasonably want (I've even seen orange BDU's in the past) all over the Net.

New CAP Orange BDUs...

New CAP Corporate SAR Flight Suit

>:D

When good pilots....go bad....
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Lancer

Quote from: Eclipse on May 20, 2007, 03:30:26 PM
like bdu.com?

Ya beat me to it Capt. Bob....

I scoured the interweb for quite a while to find a good price on new BDU's and BDU.com was it. I'll be placing another order with them very soon.