emergency uniform help!!!

Started by usafcap1, April 10, 2012, 07:00:58 PM

usafcap1

:'(  :'( i stupidly ironed over my buttons and now i have donuts how can i remove them!!!!!  :'(  :'(

pls and thx
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Pylon

Are you talking about ironing over the pocket flaps of the BDU?  If so, the little circles that appear are not a big deal; they are not prohibited by uniform regulation.  Your uniform is still serviceable.  You probably can't remove the marks, though washing the uniform might reduce their notability/prominence.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

usafcap1

Quote from: Pylon on April 10, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
Are you talking about ironing over the pocket flaps of the BDU?  If so, the little circles that appear are not a big deal; they are not prohibited by uniform regulation.  Your uniform is still serviceable.  You probably can't remove the marks, though washing the uniform might reduce their notability/prominence.

thx
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Eclipse

The only way to avoid them is by removing the buttons and using velcro or sewing the pockets down, but either has to be done before
the first time it's ironed.

They aren't nearly as noticeable on the camos as on the BlueDUs.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP_Marine

Sorry, but you're stuck with them for life as far as I know!

manfredvonrichthofen

The rings are pretty well permanent. To avoid it in the future you could use velcro, that's what I do with all of my buttons and patches, or you could cut cardboard to fit inside the flap and iron it to keep the surfac flat without letting your buttons touch the fabric.

Don't worry about it though, they won't make your uniform unserviceable either. Bu for keeping my uniforms looking good overall I use Woolite extra dark care. I have had my BDUs for about two years and they still have great color.

abdsp51

Or take the extra time unbutton the pocket iron flap, iron top and rebutton.

Noble Six

Or just iron the blouse with the pocket flap unbuttoned then open the flap all the way (180*) and iron it that way.
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

titanII

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 10, 2012, 08:30:02 PM
Or take the extra time unbutton the pocket iron flap, iron top and rebutton.
Works for me....
No longer active on CAP talk

Nathan

Button rings are not a big deal. There's no way for any inspector to even know that the uniform wasn't issued that way, since many members in CAP are given second-hand uniforms from a supply closet.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

AngelWings

Don't ever bring your uniform to the cleaners/dry cleaners. Rings are stand procedure there...