free (for many) masters degree

Started by RNOfficer, October 05, 2018, 05:41:05 AM

RNOfficer

https://www.chds.us/c/academic-programs/masters

I've taken several distance courses from chds and they are excellent, unlike most government courses, like FEMA, that are pitched at the lowest possible level.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

This sounds like an incredible program, and I'm close to Monterey, but I just can't imagine my employer giving me an extra 12 weeks of vacation 😐

Also, I don't see where members of CAP are eligible for free tuition.

Luis R. Ramos

Pretty sure that refers to CAP members who are still military members. Doubt it is "many" but more on the "some" category instead.

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

MSG Mac

Non-DHS federal government employees and non-Naval/Marine military officers are required to have financial sponsorship from their agency or command if they are accepted into the program. Agency-to-agency financial agreements and funding must be in place prior to beginning the program.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

GroundHawg

I really do wish that CAP were eligible for the OLMP offered through Air University, specifically the Leadership Concentration. We can already attend SOS, ACSC, and AWC.  I think it would be amazing to offer a Masters degree for those who are willing to put in the work.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: GroundHawg on October 26, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
I really do wish that CAP were eligible for the OLMP offered through Air University, specifically the Leadership Concentration. We can already attend SOS, ACSC, and AWC.  I think it would be amazing to offer a Masters degree for those who are willing to put in the work.

You need to make that sale that CAP members are worthy of a free education. What is the major contribution to national service that warrants CAP members receiving free college?

Part of your "pay back" for the Air Force is your contract of service. CAP doesn't have that. You could literally join CAP, get the degree, and quit the next day.

Eclipse

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 26, 2018, 03:49:09 PMYou could literally join CAP, get the degree, and quit the next day.

That's the same argument that has been made for years about offering flight training to adult members.

I don't know how you'd possibly be able to even "manage exceptions" in these cases without some
definitive idea about what "active" means in regards to participation.

"That Others May Zoom"