AF Basic Military Training Class Historic Photos

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 18, 2011, 01:31:58 PM

RADIOMAN015

See:  http://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/
Attempt by the Lackland PAO to gather historical BMT class (flight) photos for EVERY class since the AF began. 

IF your class (flight) photo is missing please consider submitting it to the site.   

Interesting project, great work :clap:
RM

jimmydeanno

Definitely a neat project.  However, I'm surprised they want .jpg less than 2Mb.  If I were doing a research project, I'd want the photos in as high of resolution as possible and I could format accordingly for posting.  I'm going to see if they have my wife's yet...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

sandman

Pretty cool idea.

I'm really considering purchasing a paver (In Footsteps of Heroes) at the Airman Heritage Museum and putting my CAP persona on it. Should be cool, gotta represent! Fifty-five dollars per paver (two for $100). I dropped by the other day in my goings to and fro, plenty of space available! On the other hand, maybe the museum will shut out CAP (or USAF AUX) members just like we changed the Nebraska Admirals application process....

Anyway, paver with my name, rank, and "Civil Air Patrol" or maybe "USAF AUX" (or both, you get three lines). Should be cool.

http://www.myairmanmuseum.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99&Itemid=182
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

Salty

Heh, under January 1995 every male flight is there except mine and we were the Honor Flight that cycle.

322nd Flt 214

My BDU pic is damaged but the Honor Flight pic we took in our blues is still in great shape.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

Майор Хаткевич

Salty

CAP Cadet 1989-1994

Майор Хаткевич

It's somewhat baffling that the Air Force didn't keep a copy of each picture...

Salty

I've always assumed the people taking the pics gave a copy to the USAF. 

My tech school moved from Texas to Ohio recently.  I wonder if anything got lost when they closed Brooks AFB and moved USAFSAM to Wright-Patterson AFB.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994

capmaj

To bad they didn't extend the pictures to other USAF BMT bases. And I don't actually remember there being a group picture on graduation. But that was in the 60's.

Salty

When I was looking through the pics for my dad's class I noticed they had pics from Parks AFB and Sampson AFB along with Lackland AFB.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994

Hawk200

Quote from: capmaj on November 15, 2011, 12:24:23 AM
To bad they didn't extend the pictures to other USAF BMT bases.
From that site:"The collection includes photos from all bases that conducted Air Force basic training including Lackland AFB, Texas, Sampson AFB, New York, Parks AFB, California, Keesler Field, Mississippi, Amarillo and Sheppard AFB, Texas. The collection will also include Air Force basic training that was conducted overseas."