Fight tour near Charleston SC?

Started by Ozzy, August 23, 2019, 05:45:45 AM

Ozzy

So my lovely wife and I are coming up on our first anniversary (less than two weeks!) and we decided to go up to Charleston, SC. We both have been looking at different things to do and I have been entertaining the idea of possibly doing like an airplane tour of the city or something. I know she hasn't been in a GA aircraft so it could be a fun experience for her.

So my questions are; does Charleston have some great views from the air, and does anyone have some recommendations for a pilot and plane for hire for an hour or so flight? I know I can google an airplane tour but it's different from first-hand experience.

Thanks,
Ozzy
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

etodd

Quote from: Ozzy on August 23, 2019, 05:45:45 AM

I know she hasn't been in a GA aircraft so it could be a fun experience for her.

Are you sure?  Has she ever had motion sickness in the past?  Make it early morning or a sunset flight, for smooth air. Don't spoil the weekend by getting her airsick. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

bd5av8r

Holy city helicopters does tours. They are on FB.
Greetings from SC!

Holding Pattern

What's the first rule of fight tours?

Spam

No one talks about fight tours!

V/r
Spam

Ozzy

Quote from: Holding Pattern on August 23, 2019, 08:58:36 PM
What's the first rule of fight tours?

Research, Research, Research!

Quote from: bd5av8r on August 23, 2019, 08:38:31 PM
Holy city helicopters does tours. They are on FB.

I already did the google searches, looking to see if anyone has personal experience and/or some ideas

Quote from: etodd on August 23, 2019, 05:48:13 PM
Are you sure?  Has she ever had motion sickness in the past?  Make it early morning or a sunset flight, for smooth air. Don't spoil the weekend by getting her airsick. LOL

Not that I'm aware of and I was looking towards an afternoon or sunset flight. Just getting some ideas!
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19