Main Menu

U.S. Ranger Corps

Started by 0, May 27, 2008, 03:23:11 PM

MSgt Van

and the fine print on the application...

"That I understand USRC pilots are volunteering their time,
services, and aircraft, and are not financially compensated for their time or services. As evidenced by my signature on this Waiver of Liability, I regard my authorization by USRC to participate in USRC activities, free of charge (including flight and ground operation, and other USRC activities), as valuable consideration in exchange for this Release, and I value this consideration as a significant, material factor in my own well-being, prosperity and pursuit of
happiness. "

Cecil DP

I appreciated the pictures on the web site. Tony, if you're reading this there are no mountains in Florida, especially snow covered ones.

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

ßτε

Turk

Quote from: bte on May 27, 2008, 11:48:05 PM
Have you noticed that their Chief of Chaplains is a Brig. Gen.?

http://usrangercorps.us/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=39

...and how there's no background check for anyone?  ::)

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

JayT

QuoteThe units of the USRC will be located in every state, supervised by a State Commander who will hold the grade of Brigadier General of the USRC.  States will consist of a local Company and Battalions where members will be assigned.  The states will be working for their respective Division Commanders who hold the grade of Major General of the USRC.

That's two references to General Officer rank in one paragraph of the 'About.'
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: kpetersen on May 27, 2008, 07:08:59 PM
I am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

KAT DON'T DO IT!  I know it sucks with nothing but corn over by you, but theres better ways of dealing with pressure.  JUST SAY NO TO RANGER CORPS!

kpetersen

Well, I heard back from the USRC.  And I'm actually contemplating black-mailing my sister into signing the paperwork, since I know she doesn't care, and doesn't own any resources.   :)  She's delaying the order of the bridesmaid dresses, so she owes me.
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

Chappie

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on May 28, 2008, 12:11:54 AM
Quote from: kpetersen on May 27, 2008, 07:08:59 PM
I am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

KAT DON'T DO IT!  I know it sucks with nothing but corn over by you, but theres better ways of dealing with pressure.  JUST SAY NO TO RANGER CORPS!

"Friends don't let friends join the Ranger Corps"  ;)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Chappie

Quote from: bte on May 27, 2008, 11:48:05 PM
Have you noticed that their Chief of Chaplains is a Brig. Gen.?

http://usrangercorps.us/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=39

Their Chief of Chaplains served the "general who will remained unnamed" as the SER HC when prior to the "general" becoming the National Vice and National Commander.  He continued to serve as SER HC until 2005 when he was appointed to be  Deputy Chief of CAP Chaplain Service.  The "general who will remain unnamed" let it be known in June of 2007 that Chaplain Charles Sharp (Chief of CAP Chaplain Services) would be relieved of duty at the 2007 National Board.  As we know, the BOG suspended the membership of the "general who will remain unnamed" and removed him from command.  Brig Gen Amy Courter decided that it would be best for CAP and the Chaplain Service to not make any changes.  In February it was announced that Chaplain (Lt Col) Ron Tottingham (NCR HC) was the new Deputy Chief of CAP Chaplain Services.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

sarmed1

QuoteThen again, I bet plenty of PAWG "RANGERS" will FLOCK to his banner.

that would make me vomit even more so.....

on a side note:
amazing you cant let it alone to mock one group at a time.  Could you maybe make some more obnoxious comments including references to  berets, carrying firearms, putting red lights on your van, providing medical care and calling someone a nazi so we can get all of the common lock topics into one thread.

end rant
mk

Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

mikeylikey

^..............LOCK.   >:D

hahahahhaa
What's up monkeys?

CASH172

wingnut

what a pathetic bunch of geeks  :D :o ::)

Cecil DP

I was checking out the US Cadet corps and there was an announcement that CAP members were not welcome until LtGen  Pineda was reinstated as National Commander of CAP.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

JC004

Quote from: Cecil DP on May 28, 2008, 05:43:53 AM
I was checking out the US Cadet corps and there was an announcement that CAP members were not welcome until LtGen  Pineda was reinstated as National Commander of CAP.

the wtf?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: sarmed1 on May 28, 2008, 01:56:24 AM
QuoteThen again, I bet plenty of PAWG "RANGERS" will FLOCK to his banner.

that would make me vomit even more so.....

on a side note:
amazing you cant let it alone to mock one group at a time.  Could you maybe make some more obnoxious comments including references to  berets, carrying firearms, putting red lights on your van, providing medical care and calling someone a nazi so we can get all of the common lock topics into one thread.

end rant
mk

Do USRC Rangers get Boonie Hats?   >:D
Another former CAP officer

RRLE

QuoteI am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

According to NOTF 27 May Page 2  the constitution was only signed on Saturday.

Quote'U.S. RANGER CORPS' CONSTITUTION SIGNED

On Saturday, at the inaugural meeting of the "Command Council" of the United States Ranger Corps in Plantation, Fla., the members of the council reviewed and signed the Constitution of the USRC, led by Tony Pineda.
    Pineda, the former national commander of the Civil Air Patrol who was ousted and stripped of his rank and CAP membership, is still, apparently, calling himself a "major general."
    The Web site, at http://usrangercorps.us/site , does not show the text of the "constitution," nor does it list the members of the group's "command council."

Quote from: RRLE on May 28, 2008, 12:22:42 PM
QuoteI am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

According to NOTF 27 May Page 2  the constitution was only signed on Saturday.

Quote'U.S. RANGER CORPS' CONSTITUTION SIGNED

On Saturday, at the inaugural meeting of the "Command Council" of the United States Ranger Corps in Plantation, Fla., the members of the council reviewed and signed the Constitution of the USRC, led by Tony Pineda.
    Pineda, the former national commander of the Civil Air Patrol who was ousted and stripped of his rank and CAP membership, is still, apparently, calling himself a "major general."
    The Web site, at http://usrangercorps.us/site , does not show the text of the "constitution," nor does it list the members of the group's "command council."

But they've already got it out.  Kat recieved a copy of it and they bylaws already.  Read the full board before you jump the shark.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

dwb

Quote from: Orion Pax on May 28, 2008, 12:39:56 PM...before you jump the shark.

I'm not sure that's the phrase you were looking for.  Jump the gun, perhaps?

Quote from: dwb on May 28, 2008, 01:04:35 PM
Quote from: Orion Pax on May 28, 2008, 12:39:56 PM...before you jump the shark.

I'm not sure that's the phrase you were looking for.  Jump the gun, perhaps?

Sorry, "Jump the shark" in my area is interchangeable with "jump the gun". 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO