May NEC Live Web Stream & Play-by-Play

Started by MIKE, May 04, 2007, 01:20:26 PM

DNall

Quote from: wingnut on May 04, 2007, 06:46:38 PM
Looks like the GA 8 pilot requirements are going to be dropped down fromm 500 hours to 300 hours an Instrument rated..
I think NIMS is going to bear on that, but not sure how that works with our exemption.

alamrcn

Quote from: alamrcn on May 04, 2007, 05:16:30 PM
I can NEVER see these things! I've tried view every CAP board web stream since they started them, and on numerous computers, and always my "proxy" setting are wrong or something. No changes I make seemto help. This is also the same with Gen Pineda's little messages.

I did something I know I've done before - because Window's Media Player tells you too - but I changed the Proxy setting [Now Playing > More Options > Network] to have HTML Auto-detect the proxy settings, instead of using the web browser settings.

I can now get the webstream about 1 in 3 tries when following the link.

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

DNall

On IG briefing to use the system right & not tell people to file complaints if they don't like things:
Quote from: MajGen PinedaI have never told anyone to file an IG complaint

That's very funny!  ;D

DNall

For the love of God, what's the dif between paying dues for 50 years if it's continuous or not.

You REALLY don't want an executive director strong system. That's popular in a lot of non-profits, and it's a very bad disservice to field membership. It's not a big deal to get Nat/CC authorization to start or settle litigation. Just need an SOP from Nat CC delgating authority for certain standard items. Such BS.

RiverAux

QuoteCAP allowed to fly and train cadets for free because of our congressionally mandated AE mission.
Nothing in any federal law restricts our AE mission to cadets so there is no rational basis for prohibiting initial flight training of senior members while allowing it for cadets.

NAYBOR

I started watching the NEC stream at about 10 AM EDT today.  It lasted about 10 minutes, and then I couldn't get the stream again.  All I remember seeing was Pineda talking about some party that he wanted people to attend, and some laughter.  Then I couldn't get the stream the rest fo the day.

Anyone know what's new and exciting in the CAP world after the NEC meeting?

NAYBOR

Nevermind, saw there was another thread on the subject.  I'll go read that.  Sorry!

MIKE

Quote from: NAYBOR on May 05, 2007, 02:10:40 AM
Nevermind, saw there was another thread on the subject.  I'll go read that.  Sorry!

Topics merged.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

Did anyone notice that most there except the CAP-USAF CC was in the TPU? 

As for the flight training, AE is just not about Cadets.  Lets not forget AE was for adults at the founding of the program.  Senior Members dump HUGE amounts of cash on CAP, lets get this in return. 

As for funding, whats the huge difference whether we get it as a contractor or a gift?
What's up monkeys?

Smokey

Does anyone have a summary of the NEC???

Due to work I was unable to watch ( I guess that could be a good thing ;D)
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Smokey

HMMMMM,

I guess no one watched it all ..or cares.   I suppose I will have to wait for the DVD release next fall.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Capt Rivera

i want to know whats so hard about putting it in DivX format and putting the file on national or any other resource. Before anyone talks about the size of the file and bandwidth just look at all the people who rip and distribute DVDs. Its not complicated or all that time consuming and if done right, bandwidth is less of a issue as well.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

MIKE

DivX isn't as mainstream as WMP, Quicktime or Realplayer, which most people probably have on their machine.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

Did they do anything on Saturday?  I tried it about 1000 Eastern Time and they were already done. 

Capt Rivera

Quote from: MIKE on May 06, 2007, 11:32:13 PM
DivX isn't as mainstream as WMP, Quicktime or Realplayer, which most people probably have on their machine.

My point is use the format that gives good compression without compromising completely on quality. If someone needs to download a Codec put a link to it. I have faith that at least enough of our membership would know how to download the DivX CodeC and install it. If not, it wouldn't take much for the ones who know, to show the ones who don't. If you say some people might not see it do to format, well some might not see it do to ordering a DVD. As I Come And Pay, that is one thing I will ALWAYS choose not to pay to see. I'm sure I'm not the only one who chooses not to afford that. The option to download it seems more reasonable to me, that is if the "dedicated" it staff at national can implement the idea in an intelligent manner.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Pylon

I split off the conversation about initial flight training, as it was becoming its own discussion.  Feel free to chime in on that here.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: Smokey on May 06, 2007, 10:32:35 PM
HMMMMM,

I guess no one watched it all ..or cares.   I suppose I will have to wait for the DVD release next fall.

Some of us did watch it.  We all did our best to summarize what happened on the first page of this thread.  That's what we've got to offer for now, until the executive summary gets released.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP