Devil Doc

I am Just a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE

I am a CAP Member...

I am a FATHER

I am a VETERAN....

I am the UNITED STATES..

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

LSThiker

This thread is a sad example why CAPTalk has many negative comments in the "real" CAP world.

The only opinion that matters in this Airmen vs non-Airmen argument has already spoken on the issue.  He has the authority to make the decision and has already made the decision.

"Civil Air Patrol's increased exposure has a direct impact on attracting youth interest in STEM-based activities which are skills necessary to develop the innovative Airmen our Air Force needs," said Chief of Staff General Mark A. Welsh III. "We proudly welcome the Air Force auxiliary by extending our badge of honor as Airmen."

Whether or not you feel CAP should be called airmen, Airmen, or not airmen is irrelevant. 

Eaker Guy

Quote from: 1st Lt Thompson on August 31, 2015, 03:07:46 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on August 31, 2015, 02:56:37 PM
There is never a time when CAP may have to calculate acceptable losses.  Airman is a term that embodies responsibilities and a lifestyle we do not have to deal with.

65 "Members," including Cadets, lost during WWII while performing missions for the Army Air Corps definitely earned the title "Airmen." A big part of this title the Air Force has bestowed on us is a recognition for every member who has served over the past 74 years, and the sacrifices many have made.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Flying Pig

So you are comfortable claiming a title based on what others did before you? Well,  Congrats Airman. In doing more research, it appears the USAF pretty much calls anyone and everyone associated with the Air Force an Airman.  I didnt realize it was used as such a generic description.

LSThiker

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 01, 2015, 11:10:44 AM
So you are comfortable claiming a title based on what others did before you? Well,  Congrats Airman. In doing more research, it appears the USAF pretty much calls anyone and everyone associated with the Air Force an Airman.  I didnt realize it was used as such a generic description.

My opinion on this is not what you think it is. Probably quite different to what you think my opinion is. Regardless, my opinion is irrelevant. The relevant opinion has already spoken on this issue and made a decision.

Also, his decision was based not only on the things that were done in the past, but also the things that CAP continues to do today and will do in the future.

winterg

The civilian employees that work for the Air Force are termed Airmen.  I don't know why it would be such a hot topic for CAP to be included.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/587718/civilian-airmen-serve-their-country-deploy-with-military-teammates.aspx

THRAWN

Quote from: winterg on September 01, 2015, 12:59:41 PM

The civilian employees that work for the Air Force are termed Airmen.  I don't know why it would be such a hot topic for CAP to be included.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/587718/civilian-airmen-serve-their-country-deploy-with-military-teammates.aspx

As are the Civilian Marines

https://marinecorpsconceptsandprograms.com/programs/manpower/civilian-marines
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

THRAWN

Quote from: Devil Doc on August 31, 2015, 04:56:35 PM

I am a CAP Member...

I am a FATHER

I am a VETERAN....

I am the UNITED STATES..

Nice but are you a TGE (TYPICAL government employee)?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Panache

So you are comfortable claiming a title based on what others did before you? Well,  Congrats Airman.

I'm not "claiming" anything.  This was a decision by the Air Force as to how they would want to refer to me.

Devil Doc

Quote from: THRAWN on September 01, 2015, 01:50:59 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on August 31, 2015, 04:56:35 PM

I am a CAP Member...

I am a FATHER

I am a VETERAN....

I am the UNITED STATES..

Nice but are you a TGE (TYPICAL government employee)?

Typical Government Employee? As in work hard, understaffed, and do Quality work for the people of the United States?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

TheSkyHornet

Has this thread really gone on this long and in this direction...  ::)

Now we're sulking over government jobs  :clap: #Derail #TotalForce

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: ZigZag911 on August 30, 2015, 05:04:53 AM

Let's look at it for what it appears to be: recognition by the Air Force of CAP's decades of service.

Think of it as an early 75th anniversary gift!
:clap: :clap:

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin