Main Menu

If you had the power

Started by usafcap1, May 01, 2015, 11:21:54 PM

ZigZag911

Quote from: Storm Chaser on May 07, 2015, 02:22:14 PM
I don't think the problem is so much the current organizational structure, which is needed for an appropriate span of control, but the bureaucracy and convoluted approval process for some things. It doesn't help that every level wants to issue their own set of rules or policies beyond what's in the national regulations.

We also need to streamline many staff functions at the lower levels. We're just not manned to support so many staff functions, hence why most contributing members have between 3-5 duty assignments.

This is exactly what I've been saying, here and elsewhere, for years.

Local units should be concerned about the training and "tactical" aspects f CAP (i.e., senior specialty tracks, cadet achievements, forming a ground team, getting members trained as radio operators and such).

The higher echelons should be handling the majority of the administrative functions...including teaching and preparing interested unit members for staff responsibilities at group and wing.

THRAWN

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on May 07, 2015, 07:08:33 PM
The Confederacy did that....didn't work out well. They also elected their officers. You can't lead and try to win a popularity contest.

Worked out okay for Joshua Chamberlain. And don't forget the British. They had a couple hundred years of success.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Johnny Yuma

1. The lawyers would no longer run the ES and Cadet programs. Finally CAP would be able to actually do SOMETHING without someone in a suit and tie at NHQ wringing their hands about a lawsuit.

2. Revamp the CPPT program with some common sense. The CPPT was designed to protect 13 year old children from creepy adult pedophiles, not 20 year old cadets from 18 year old senior members. 

3. Integrate ES into the cadet program progression. Cadets would get involved and active in ES as part of the program.

4. We would MOU with NASAR and incorporate their SARTECH ratings into our ground operations so our SAR capabilities get taken seriously.

5. Finally get to the bottom of why we can't get more pilots flying, period.

6. Bring the USAF LO's and LO NCO's back to Wing level, along with the corporate Wing Administrators.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

THRAWN

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on May 10, 2015, 07:49:54 PM
1. The lawyers would no longer run the ES and Cadet programs. Finally CAP would be able to actually do SOMETHING without someone in a suit and tie at NHQ wringing their hands about a lawsuit.

2. Revamp the CPPT program with some common sense. The CPPT was designed to protect 13 year old children from creepy adult pedophiles, not 20 year old cadets from 18 year old senior members. 

3. Integrate ES into the cadet program progression. Cadets would get involved and active in ES as part of the program.

4. We would MOU with NASAR and incorporate their SARTECH ratings into our ground operations so our SAR capabilities get taken seriously.

5. Finally get to the bottom of why we can't get more pilots flying, period.

6. Bring the USAF LO's and LO NCO's back to Wing level, along with the corporate Wing Administrators.

Point 1....ES and EM as a whole is a legal minefield. 

Point 3....I have always advocated all members being at least GES.

Point 4....didnt this happen?

Point 6....heck yea....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

SAREXinNY

If I had just one wish...just ONE wish...it would, without a doubt, be to drastically reduce the amount of red tape and paperwork required to do EVERYTHING.  I understand why things require documentation but it is extremely frustrating and is a complete waste of time. I spend twice as much time doing paperwork preparing, planning, and getting approvals than actually carrying out whatever mission/activity I'm working on.  On just about every level, things can be simplified or even done-away with altogether.

ZigZag911

Concur with Johnny Yuma, especially on requiring GES for everyone...should be part of Level 1 for seniors, Phase 1 or 2 for cadets.

Also, YES, let's bring back LO's & LNCOs!!!