Main Menu

CAP = Big Brother?

Started by wuzafuzz, October 24, 2012, 12:06:27 PM

wuzafuzz

Google Alerts found this for me: 

http://planet.infowars.com/uncategorized/f-e-m-a-s-brother-in-the-sky-the-civil-air-patrol

Having a serious libertarian bent, the thought of my participation in a Big Brother organization is laughable.  There are some evil folks out there, but CAP?  Please.

While the folks who see ninjas and lizard people behind every tree will never be our fans, it is a good reminder that our uniforms intimidate some people.  Professional conduct matters.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Garibaldi

Funny thing about this is, a few years ago when the first X-Files movie came out, one of the characters/conspiracy theorists was going off about who was trying to take over the country in the event of a major catastrophe/UFO/Alien event, and he said it was FEMA. I laughed out loud in the theater, because it was around that time that some of our operational control was being chopped over to FEMA in the event of a major catastrophe. I was envisioning CAP as the enforcement arm of the "new government" and couldn't control myself. Nearly got thrown out of the theater.

*later*

Just read the article. Wow, clearly this person has some serious issues. I wonder if he had to take off his tinfoil hat when he went inside the store. Hitler Youth? That's a LOT extreme. Someone slip that boy some meds, quick!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

BFreemanMA

Wow. Some people clearly have too much free time. I hope the author in the link never gets lost and needs to rely on our services!
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

Майор Хаткевич

Clearly, this SeeAyPee Cadet Youth thing started with His Dictatorship Obama wanting to brainwash the youth.  ::)

Thrashed

CAP Cadets = Hitler youth. Funny. :clap:

Save the triangle thingy

Cool Mace

I needed a good laugh this morning!   ;D

I love how people don't even bother to do any research, and just open their mouths instead.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

And you can't post a reply to the article unless you sign up for an account. Oh the irony.  ;D ;D

Flying Pig

The cadets barred his escape and forced a pamphlet on him ;D    That article is the rantings of a serious nut job.   As funny as it is to read its actually fairly disturbing. 

Cool Mace

Mr. Robinson, or 1st Lt Robinson, has posted a nice little reply in the comments at the bottom in case any of you missed it.

Excellent Job, LT!

:EDIT: He may be a Capt. now.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

lordmonar

What I got out of it.

a) All things government are bad.
b) Cops are very bad.
c) Uniforms are bad.
d) Logical arguments are optional on this particular site.
e) Godwins's Law is not inforce on this particular site.

I know nothing about an organisation that has existed for 70 years.....now I am concerned.

I wonder if he has heard about the dangers of dihydromonoxide?  :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davedove

Quote from: lordmonar on October 24, 2012, 04:54:23 PM

The real danger comes when the add flouride!!! 8)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

lordmonar

Quote from: davedove on October 24, 2012, 04:59:13 PM

The real danger comes when the add flouride!!! 8)
Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

Lebanon, Charlse de Gaulle, California baseball .. Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide ..

JeffDG

Did you know that all cancerous tumors contain DHMO?  Every. Single. One.

DHMO has been found in our lakes and rivers!

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 24, 2012, 03:41:14 PM
The cadets barred his escape and forced a pamphlet on him ;D    That article is the rantings of a serious nut job.   As funny as it is to read its actually fairly disturbing.
Totally agree.  Some of the comments talked about confronting the CAP members.  I can't imagine that going well with an unhinged person involved.

wuzafuzz

Quote from: BFreemanMA on October 24, 2012, 12:33:42 PM
I hope the author in the link never gets lost and needs to rely on our services!
He would probably hide from us. 

"Camo-dudes are gonna git me!" 

jimmydeanno

Quote from: a2capt on October 24, 2012, 05:17:36 PM
Lebanon, Charlse de Gaulle, California baseball .. Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide ..

Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British Politician [encounters], J.F.K. blown away, what else do I have to say?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Flying Pig

Quote from: wuzafuzz on October 24, 2012, 05:46:35 PM
Quote from: BFreemanMA on October 24, 2012, 12:33:42 PM
I hope the author in the link never gets lost and needs to rely on our services!
He would probably hide from us. 

"Camo-dudes are gonna git me!"

Had that happen before.  After he self rescued about a week after we started searching, his comment was "I wasnt lost"  No Thank You, no "Geeez, sorry for all that effort" etc etc.  He said several times that we flew right over him but that he was under no obligation to make himself knows, although he new he was several days past due.  What-a-ya-do? 

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 24, 2012, 06:17:44 PM
Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British Politician [encounters], J.F.K. blown away, what else do I have to say?

Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs Invasion...

The article said "an Air Force officer."

Most likely a CAP officer, nicht wahr?

Good cripes anyway...the Hitlerjugend?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

spacecommand

lol the hitleryouth seriously?  We were attacking U-boats in WW2.

CAP has big brother lolol, there was a couple of youtube videos where a commenter was saying CAP was secretly spying on folks when we fly around ha. 

You can seriously tell this guy has never stepped foot into a CAP meeting.