Close, MARCH and Extend, MARCH

Started by Майор Хаткевич, November 07, 2012, 06:14:17 PM

NIN

Quote from: Brad on November 13, 2012, 10:32:25 AM
I know it's not an actual oblique. I wish the Air Force had them though, instead of simply using the -- IMO -- phoning it in out of "Guide, LEFT" or "Guide, RIGHT".

The AF used to have obliques (or, at least, we were taught them, they might have not actually been in the Leadership Lab, I don't precisely remember).

They were pretty useless when you get right down to it.  Day-to-day point-to-point D&C (ie. encampment D&C) is not about "precision" while you're getting your flight from the chow hall to the flight line but rather "transportation."  You use a lot of "inclining" because the world is substantially NOT 90 degrees. 

I thought the Army was going to be all this cool marching all the time. After AIT, I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I "marched" that wasn't part of a ceremony on the flight line for "payday activities". Well, and PLDC. :)  And then there's the phrase "Incline along the road!" (aka "follow the road, squad leaders")

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

It indeed used to be in the Lead Lab (CAPM 50-3).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NelsonJM

Fantastic video, and thanks for posting! My squadron (9 cadets, 4 any given week (plus senior members)) was about ready to give up trying to interpret it from the guide during a drill test, and the AFMAN makes no sense, being still pictures.