Do you want to switch to ABU's?

Started by HGjunkie, June 17, 2010, 02:10:43 AM

Do you want CAP to switch over to the ABU's?

Yes
47 (42.7%)
No
35 (31.8%)
Maybe so
5 (4.5%)
Don't care
21 (19.1%)
Undecided
2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: June 27, 2010, 02:10:43 AM

Fly Boy

Quote from: DakRadz on June 17, 2010, 12:58:12 PM
Completely inappropriate to suggest.

I didn't suggest it, I just provided a graphic that gave a visual. >:D

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

MSgt Van

MIKE

Mike Johnston

HGjunkie

I gotta admit, Multicam would be Hardkewl, but I'm the type of guy who wants to look like Ma Blue.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

lordmonar

We will go to the PITFAW uniform.

Officers wear white leotards, enlisted blue, cadets will wear teal.

Rank will be denoted by the size of the wand and branch of service will be denoted by the the color of the tiara.

Pilots will still be allowed to wear their leather flight jackets!  :o
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

HGjunkie

Quote from: lordmonar on June 17, 2010, 04:59:09 PM
We will go to the PITFAW uniform.

Officers wear white leotards, enlisted blue, cadets will wear teal.

Rank will be denoted by the size of the wand and branch of service will be denoted by the the color of the tiara.

Pilots will still be allowed to wear their leather flight jackets:o

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DC

Quote from: HGjunkie on June 17, 2010, 04:30:18 PM
I gotta admit, Multicam would be Hardkewl, but I'm the type of guy who wants to look like Ma Blue.
The point is that MultiCam will probably be adopted as a DOD-wide uniform, including the Air Force. The Army is already using it in Afghanistan.

Custer

Quote from: MSgt Van on June 17, 2010, 01:34:06 PMBBDU

Agreed.  There is no reason for a senior member to have camouflage anything.

We should never adopt another camoflage uniform and let the BDU die out through attrition & supply issues.

In California I can't think of any reason to even have Woodland BDU's.  I have a bunch as I'm retired Army, but I can't even justify changing the insignia on them.  There is no activity for which they would be the best choice.  Any boot wearing field duty I would engage in would need at least half of the BBDU anyway.  May as well get the whole thing.

Hawk200

Quote from: Custer on June 17, 2010, 08:02:08 PM

We should never adopt another camoflage uniform and let the BDU die out through attrition & supply issues.

In California I can't think of any reason to even have Woodland BDU's.  I have a bunch as I'm retired Army, but I can't even justify changing the insignia on them.  There is no activity for which they would be the best choice.  Any boot wearing field duty I would engage in would need at least half of the BBDU anyway.  May as well get the whole thing.
Another half standard advocate. What is it with you guys?

HGjunkie

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 17, 2010, 09:50:14 PM
Quote from: Custer on June 17, 2010, 08:02:08 PM

Another half standard advocate. What is it with you guys?
yeah, seriously.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Custer

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 17, 2010, 09:50:14 PMAnother half standard advocate. What is it with you guys?

Half of what?  Camouflage uniforms are for hiding.  CAP has no reason to hide.  When in the field, CAP needs to be MORE visible, not less.  Why do you want to wear an ABU so much?

Hawk200

Quote from: Custer on June 17, 2010, 10:45:19 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on June 17, 2010, 09:50:14 PMAnother half standard advocate. What is it with you guys?

Half of what?  Camouflage uniforms are for hiding.  CAP has no reason to hide.  When in the field, CAP needs to be MORE visible, not less.  Why do you want to wear an ABU so much?
Really got nothing to do with the ABU. I'll let you try again. Address the issue instead of sidestepping it.

HGjunkie

So we are more in line with the AF and if you think about it, the ABU would be MORE visible in the woods due to it's light colors. It's called common sense.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Hawk200

Quote from: HGjunkie on June 17, 2010, 10:50:21 PMSo we are more in line with the AF and if you think about it, the ABU would be MORE visible in the woods due to it's light colors. It's called common sense.
Dude, don't confuse the issue. The colors really have nothing to do with it, and they're not important anyway.

lordmonar

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 17, 2010, 10:49:41 PM

Really got nothing to do with the ABU. I'll let you try again. Address the issue instead of sidestepping it.

How many times do we hear "another uniform change"....by going BBDU we never ever have to change because USAF decides that Multi Cams are better then ABUs.

Second issue....BBDU do not require USAF approval...so the fat and fuzzies are not an image issue.

Third Issue...."and one uniform to bind them and in the dark command them".  Lets' present a united front....it has been too long since we have done that.

BBDU...all the way.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on June 17, 2010, 11:45:22 PM
How many times do we hear "another uniform change"....by going BBDU we never ever have to change because USAF decides that Multi Cams are better then ABUs.
Uh, just because it is a corporate uniform, doesn't mean that it won't change -- witness the rise and fall of the TPU.  If anything, an all corporate uniform could lead to possibly more uniform changes over time since they would be entirely at the whim of the CAP leadership and not really subject to being held back by the AF. 

Hawk200

Quote from: lordmonar on June 17, 2010, 11:45:22 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on June 17, 2010, 10:49:41 PM

Second issue....BBDU do not require USAF approval...so the fat and fuzzies are not an image issue.

Third Issue...."and one uniform to bind them and in the dark command them".  Lets' present a united front....it has been too long since we have done that.

BBDU...all the way.
Guess I'm gonna have to spell it out. Why only seniors in corporate? Why should half of the membership classes wear different from the other half? Allegedly, uniformity is desired, but this practice won't present that.

It will create an organization that looks like two different ones. We've already got that schizophrenia in one aspect, why create another one?

Joining an organization and thinking one should be accomodated is just as bad as the kid mentioned in the other thread that shouldn't have to get a haircut. The principle is the same. The standards are there, and if people don't like it they shouldn't join. It's a privilege, but it's also still voluntary. Trying to establish your own terms doesn't show that you believe in the organization. And anyone trying to mold it to themselves doesn't have the organization's best interests in mind.

Anyone trying to change CAP for themselves can save themselves a lot of time and money by not renewing or joining in the first place.

Earhart1971

Why have Camo or multicam? It's stupid for CAP to wear CAMO. Woodlands Camo is now a 30 year old uniform. Solid Tan BDUs reflect the heat somewhat in Florida.

CAP distinctive BDUs and forget trying to look like the current Air Force Fashion.

RADIOMAN015

ABU = Airman Battle Uniform  ...  Someone tell me did we pickup a new combat mission that requires us NOT to be seen  >:D :angel:

Those ABU's look worse than even the BDU's.

Time to roll out the Blue Flight Suits/BDU's etc with the bright red background and white lettering for name, Civil Air Patrol, and rank.

We need ALL our uniforms to be red, white, & blue :clap:

RM

HGjunkie

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 18, 2010, 12:30:11 AM
ABU = Airman Battle Uniform  ...  Someone tell me did we pickup a new combat mission that requires us NOT to be seen  >:D :angel:

Those ABU's look worse than even the BDU's.

Time to roll out the Blue Flight Suits/BDU's etc with the bright red background and white lettering for name, Civil Air Patrol, and rank.

We need ALL our uniforms to be red, white, & blue :clap:

RM

How 'bout NO! If it's good enough for the AF, then it's good enough for us. 
••• retired
2d Lt USAF