Atlanta Ace Program

Started by Ned, April 29, 2008, 05:40:30 PM

Ned

I have recently become aware of the Atlanta Ace Program which offers young people 14-18 a variety of relatively cool-sounding aviation-related activities during a series of four-day camps offered in Atlanta in July.

The program appears to be sponsored by Delta and the Organization of Black Airline Pilots (OBAP) and is free to the local participants. (No room or board.)

Has anyone here participated in the program or know anything about it?

Similarly, is anyone a member of OBAP or has anyone worked with them in the past on similar activities?

This sounds like a good program and is the kind of thing that might share common ground with CAP.

If it checks out, we might want to consider publicizing it to Atlanta are cadets.

Thoughts?

Ned Lee
National CP Adviser

Gunner C

Someone should get hold of GAWG and direct them to call these folks - CAP could really stand to tie into that.  They could get some synregy going.

GC

Maj Ballard

I'm pretty sure someone on this board is already involved with it. I'll have him check this thread. :)
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

Sleepwalker

I send the OBAP ACE information to all my Cadets who I think will be interested.  We have sent a few from our Squadron to the camp over the years.  They got to meet Charles "A-Train" Dryden (of the Tuskegee Airmen, and a great gentleman) last year.  Delta always sends hundreds of these kids up to Washington, DC.  It is a great opportunity.  Check it out on the OBAB webpage.
A Thiarna, déan trócaire