HFZ Entry Question

Started by LSThiker, April 10, 2018, 04:21:05 AM

LSThiker

I just want to clarify a few items for HFZ Entry:

1.  Phase I Cadets that Fail:  When I enter information for Phase I Cadets that fail* a portion of the CPFT, it shows they failed the CPFT, which we know Phase I cadets cannot "fail".  The last time I checked in the Cadet Promotions module, it showed the Phase I Cadets failed to meet the standard.  Is this corrected in the Cadet Promotions module?  Or should I mark the failure as "waived"?

2.  For the Wright Brothers, CAPP 60-50 states "For promotion purposes starting at the Wright Brothers Award and beyond cadets must score in the HFZ....".  Minus the lack of grammar, I understand this that in order for the cadet to achieve the Wright Brothers Award to be promoted from C/SrA, they must score HFZ.  However, I just want to confirm that this does not mean, they can promote to C/SSgt, after which they must now start achieving HFZ.

*Yes I know the CPFT is not a pass/fail system, but rather an HFZ/NI, but oddly enough the Cadet Promotions Module shows the CPFT as "Pass or Failed/Did not take".

Thanks,

jeders

Quote from: LSThiker on April 10, 2018, 04:21:05 AM
2.  For the Wright Brothers, CAPP 60-50 states "For promotion purposes starting at the Wright Brothers Award and beyond cadets must score in the HFZ....".  Minus the lack of grammar, I understand this that in order for the cadet to achieve the Wright Brothers Award to be promoted from C/SrA, they must score HFZ.  However, I just want to confirm that this does not mean, they can promote to C/SSgt, after which they must now start achieving HFZ.

They must have a valid HFZ credential in order to earn the Wright Bros. Award and associated promotion to C/SSgt.

As for the first question, I'm not sure. My current phase I cadets have valid HFZ credentials so I can't really replicate your situation right now.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Vegas1972

It can show a 'failed' cpft and still have a promotion go through.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

LSThiker

Quote from: Vegas1972 on April 10, 2018, 11:39:57 PM

So if a phase I cadet fails the run, the promotion will still go through?  I have not tried it yet, but want to clarify.

Vegas1972

Quote from: LSThiker on April 11, 2018, 12:41:46 AM
Quote from: Vegas1972 on April 10, 2018, 11:39:57 PM

So if a phase I cadet fails the run, the promotion will still go through?  I have not tried it yet, but want to clarify.

Yes.  That is correct. 
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

GaryVC

I think the system in eSerrvices needs some more work. My understanding is that pre-Wright Brothers cadets must attempt at least the run or the pacer and two out of three of the other elements for promotion. We have some cadets who must pass who are coming up on the 6 month time limit for the PT test. I wonder if the system will say something different for them.