Main Menu

RMR RSC 2013

Started by LGM30GMCC, November 16, 2012, 05:08:11 PM

LGM30GMCC

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to announce the opening of applications for staff positions at the 2013 Rocky Mountain Region Staff College. The staff college will be held at the Vossler NCO Academy on Peterson AFB from 20-27 July 2013. The application deadline for staff positions is 31 December 2012. Staff selection will be completed, and selected members notified no later than 7 January 2013.

Please see the attached descriptions of staff positions along with the additional application sheet and announcement memo. To apply one must have completed at least level three and graduated an RSC or equivalent.

This year's staff college will be somewhat different than those in years past for a number of reasons. Based partly on previous schools feedback there will be a modified curriculum from previous years. Additionally, there will be a focus on academic exercises to assist students in increasing skills in formal correspondence and staff work. Finally, there will be a capstone project that each seminar will accomplish by the end of the week. This project will allow students to apply the skills they have learned individually throughout the week toward a common goal. Feedback to our students will be a very important facet of the school to ensure they receive the most benefit from the course.

Staff members will be responsible for food and lodging but will not have a registration fee. Additional funding for the school is being sought to try to reduce the costs for students and staff as much as possible.

I highly encourage anyone interested in applying for staff. Not only does staff service fulfill one of the requirements for level five but it is another opportunity to use skills developed both in and outside of CAP. Of, serving on staff is also a lot of fun and an opportunity to meet people from around the region. I look forward to putting together the most qualified staff to put on a very high quality college for our students this year.

Please feel free to share this with anyone who may be interested in serving on staff and disseminate it as widely as possible. If there are any questions do not hesitate to e-mail me at cap.rmr.pd@gmail.com.

Very Respectfully,

Andrew J Treiman, Maj, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Rocky Mountain Region, Civil Air Patrol