Flying Minute Men PDF

Started by James Shaw, June 17, 2010, 09:00:44 PM

James Shaw

I am trying to find the link for the Flying Minute Men pdf file. I have seen it on the web somewhere but cannot find it. Need some help please!

Jim
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Ohioguard

You should find what your are looking for at  http://www.scribd.com/doc/29316390/1941-48-Civil-Air-Patrol-History

Hope this helps.

JEFFREY C WANDELL, Lt Col, CAP
Old Time Member

Smithsonia

Please be aware when reading the Neprud Book it was written for the Public Relations/Affairs Dept of CAP and is not good history. I've researched 4 or 5 stories in the book (using contemporary sources like local newspapers, with reporters on the scenes, and at the time of the incident) and found large factual errors in all of the stories. Bad dates, wrong places, misspelled names, inaccurate facts... It is a good back grounder and jumping off point but not well done history.

The real trouble with it is -- many of the stories have been lifted nearly verbatim and sold to places like Popular Mechanics... so there becomes multiple copies from this original source.

I am not saying it is all wrong... just not well and accurately done. That said, the real stories are usually better than the ones in the book. 
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

RiverAux

Any chance that CAP is ever going to work on an a real official history that is actually done properly?  Unfortunately, Neprud's book is the closest thing we've got and only covers WWII.  Our latest "history" is basically a pictorial history, which while nice, isn't terribly informative. 

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RiverAux on June 18, 2010, 12:05:00 AM
Our latest "history" is basically a pictorial history, which while nice, isn't terribly informative. 

Picture worth a thousand words?

Smithsonia

^^^^ RiverAux;
I am working on the First Official CAP SAR Mission and CAP Courier Service. Using Neprud I was mislead about many facts for nearly a year. That said, the stories that are true and factual (and I am still researching these) are simply better. This is a long term project. (Years in the making)

Here's one that'll get you buzzing. At the same time some CAP members were helping track down fugitive Italian POWs in the SW USA, they were also misleading the same FBI agents about American's of Japanese decent so these people wouldn't be interned. You like that? More on this one later.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

LTC Don

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 18, 2010, 12:11:22 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on June 18, 2010, 12:05:00 AM
Our latest "history" is basically a pictorial history, which while nice, isn't terribly informative. 

Picture worth a thousand words?

Meh.  What that axiom actually means is, "It takes at least a thousand words to explain the context of the picture."

Cheers,
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

James Shaw

Quote from: Ohioguard on June 17, 2010, 10:42:48 PM
You should find what your are looking for at  http://www.scribd.com/doc/29316390/1941-48-Civil-Air-Patrol-History

Hope this helps.

JEFFREY C WANDELL, Lt Col, CAP
Old Time Member

Thank you sir! It definitely helped.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Smithsonia on June 18, 2010, 12:11:48 AM
^^^^ RiverAux;
I am working on the First Official CAP SAR Mission and CAP Courier Service. Using Neprud I was mislead about many facts for nearly a year. That said, the stories that are true and factual (and I am still researching these) are simply better. This is a long term project. (Years in the making)

Here's one that'll get you buzzing. At the same time some CAP members were helping track down fugitive Italian POWs in the SW USA, they were also misleading the same FBI agents about American's of Japanese decent so these people wouldn't be interned. You like that? More on this one later.

Makes sense. POWs are different from Citizens.

Something our school education system fails at. We really didn't get into the subject until High School US history, and even in an AP class, it was still a day or two of conversation, closer to the end of the year.