Main Menu

2008 Summer Board Video

Started by LtCol White, August 06, 2008, 12:29:02 PM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Quote from: bosshawk on August 08, 2008, 03:28:33 PM
OK, Mike.  Now that you have everyone's attention, what are they and why are they "sweet"?

I don't know much about the CAPhone or CapTouch, but you should check out apples newer products anway:

Apple I-Rack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKW2O9a-nj8

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

winterg

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 08, 2008, 03:52:28 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on August 08, 2008, 03:28:33 PM
OK, Mike.  Now that you have everyone's attention, what are they and why are they "sweet"?
I don't know much about the CAPhone or CapTouch, but you should check out apples newer products anway:
Apple I-Rack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKW2O9a-nj8

Wow, that was funny and sad at the same time!

chiles

When do we get a CAPSignal? Any idea when the closed sessions are opening up again?
Maj Christopher Hiles, MS, RN BSN, CAP
Commander
Ft McHenry Composite Squadron
Health Services Officer
Maryland Wing
Mitchell: 43417
Wilson: 2878

RiverAux

You know, if they weren't actually going to broadcast, why the heck did they include this time as part of the broadcast schedule??

Capt Rivera

seems like a waste of bandwidth.... might not be a concern... but a waste nun the less... Could at least be replaying some recruiting videos, or better yet, some sort of educational video....
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Tubacap

That's a cool idea... do distributed training during these time slots... hmm I hope powers that be are listening to that one, people are already tuned in and a captive audience, great time for National updates or brief info sessions from various directorates.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

bosshawk

OK; wise guys.  I ask a cogent question and get a bunch of smart a*** answers.  I don't do Apple: have enough trouble dealing with a PC and I certainly never go to Youtube.  Don't even know how to get there and from what I hear about it, don't want to go there.

Am I a crochetty old B******? Probably.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

dwb

Mike was making a joke, using CAPhone in place of Apple's infamous iPhone.

RiverAux

RiverAux

Proposal from NCO study group
-only looking at prior military service at the moment.
-promotion program
E5 18month TIG, Tech level, unit cc approval.  Seems to be that you have to stay at senior member until achieve the above before you can become the E5. 
E6 12 month TIG Senior level, Group/wing approval
E7 24 month TIG Master level, Wing Cc approval
E8 36 month TIG, Level IV, Region CC approval
E9 48 month TIG, Level V - National CC approval

-rank insignia.  AF blue chevrons on sleeves with prop in circle.  Possibly later move to ultramarine insignia on collar. 

- NO DISCUSSION OF WHAT THE HECK THEY WOULD BE DOING.  CAP-USAF wanted more info on this.  He really, really stressed this.  Seemed ok with the rest.

RiverAux

AZ Wing pointed out it takes longer to be an E5 than a 2nd Lt.

RiverAux

One of the NCO committee members said they want this promotion/advancement stuff get approved first because if it isn't, there wouldn't be much point in developing an actual NCO program.

RiverAux

Motion carried, stuff above will go to AF. 

RiverAux

Cadet to Senior transition -- auto invitation to all cadets to become seniors when reach 21.  Packet will go to them with all necessary paperwork.  Striking the auto promotion to appropriate grade based on cadet achievements (leaving it to the unit commander). 

APPROVED

RiverAux

Chaplain professional development
-- Make them take SLS and CLC as part of their PD in order to help familiarize them with the CAP program rather than the current exemptions from those. 

APPROVED

NC Hokie

Quote from: RiverAux on August 08, 2008, 06:22:55 PM
One of the NCO committee members said they want this promotion/advancement stuff get approved first because if it isn't, there wouldn't be much point in developing an actual NCO program.

I still don't know why we need an NCO program to begin with.  Why can't the prior service NCOs be satisfied with the stripes they earned...isn't that why they fought to get them on CAP uniforms in the first place?  Now they want to redo the entire PD program so that they can add more stripes.  Is this really something that will benefit CAP as a whole?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

RiverAux

Hot weather flying uniform -- modification of CAP distinctive uniform

Blue golf shirt, knee-length khaki shorts, black belt, white crew socks, sneakers, civilian headgear or CAP hat.  Determined by region commander

Didn't say it was limited to gliders.    

Clarified that it to be treated like other flying uniforms.  May be worn whenever you might be flying that day.  Anywhere flightsuits would be appropriate in hot weather would be ok.  Parker said not for meetings or for public speaking.  Just around flying activities.  

IN Wing CC focused on how hot it gets in planes in summer.  

Motion to strike all reference to headgear which would allow any type of hat to be worn at the individual's choice.  Approved

Motion to allow at wing commander's discretion.  Approved.

One Wing CC tried to bring up how our multi-uniforms goes against professioalism.  Courter ran him down and didn't let him speak (she had just said was trying to save time).

Two very hot area wings spoke against it as no one asked for it in their wings.

One wing cc spoke for it due to high humidity in east, not high temp.

One wing cc said there was not enough difference between between khaki shorts and gray pants in terms of cooling abilities to justify the change.  APPLAUSE FROM AUDIENCE

MOTION FAILS! Spacing - MIKE

RiverAux

motion to eliminate substitution of the word "officer" to describe all senior members.  Never had been incorporated into regs, but was just for general use. 

APPROVED. 

RiverAux

Reconsideration of vote yesterday to move all criteria to 39-3.  Will just have a reference in 39-3 to all the "of the year" awards pointing you to the appropriate regulation where the details for each specialty award will be found.