Cadet Officer School Selection Precess

Started by FFalcon16, January 17, 2011, 09:04:39 PM

FFalcon16

Hello,

I recently applied for COS and I really want to be selected!  What are the criteria that applicants are evaluated on?  How many cadets from each wing can go?

I recently took the Earhart Test and hope to take the Eaker and Spaatz in about a year.  My wing only holds our Cadet Officer Course every two years and I still need to fill my RCLS requirement! This really puts me in a tough spot leaving COS as my last hope.  Any information about how to strengthen my application would be greatly appreciated.

C/1st Lt Chris Donohoe
PCR Drill Team Member
PCR-CA-475
CHRISTOPHER DONOHOE, C/Capt
Group 5 CAC Vice-Chairman
PCR Drill Team Member
Leadership Officer
Butte Co. Composite Sq. 95

DC

Slotting for most NCSAs, including COS follows a point system, described in detail here.

The basic requirements are to be 16 and have the Mitchell award. After that, just try to have as many points as you can. Getting green lighted by your wing helps too, but it isn't essential.

I don't know if there are a specific number of slots open to each wing or not, though there is a limited number of total slots available, 110 CAP cadets and 10 AFJROTC cadets last year.

Since the application deadline has passed you cannot change your application at this point, so you are stuck with what you submitted. That being said, the racking and stacking is fairly straight forward for activities that just use the national points system described in the link above. There really isn't any subjective evaluation done to my knowledge, like in the case of activities like CLA or NCLS.

If this helps, I got into COS with 42 points last year, but I have no idea what the average is or what the minimum score needed to get you into COS is.

PA Guy

COBC will probably be offered next winter.

PHall

COBC is offered every year. ACSS is usually offered every other year.

You can also attend an RCLS in another region too.

Rocky Mountain Region has a pretty good RCLS and they always happy to have students from other regions.