Main Menu

Iowa Wing CAP

Started by Pylon, September 01, 2006, 06:04:47 PM

isuhawkeye

Don't forget our intent was to not create anything new.  We simply packaged the material to fit.  All of the OTS stuff is right out of the professional development track.  The ICS stuff is straight out of FEMA, and the ES stuff is the National ES program.

Now your question also included post OTS. 

Level two is just the beginning, we still have CLC, More advanced ES training, and the WTA gives us the opportunity to have staff meetings, and specialty track development. 

Ill see if I can drum up some weekend schedules to post.

floridacyclist

Maj Jansen sent me a couple of sample schedules and a lot of it is a lot clearer now, but I wouldn't want to take on the task of creating that schedule from scratch LOL

How do you determine who is in what track? Some of them are pretty obvious (staff, OTS etc) but how about the others?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

isuhawkeye

Members get to go to which ever program fits their needs at the time.  As you said some of it is straight forward. 

I need this class, or program to advance X specialty.

Other times you get busy staff work done.  Its nice to have all of the staff officers updating files, pouting out policies,a nd the other minotinous administrative work. 

And finally I pop in occasionally to see how the other half lives.  I will sit in on a cadet programs group, or a pilot seminar. 

Overall lots of bang for my CAP buck.

cyclone

Iowa Wing is back on the job.  After two weeks of intensive flying in support of Operation Iowa Flag, Iowa Wing is now supporting flood relief efforts in Iowa. Yesterday it was photo recon in North Central Iowa.  Last night storms dropped lots of rain on Southern Iowa and has created trouble.  Iowa CAP is still at the State Emergency Operations Center and is launching crews this morning to help the State see the extent of the problem in Wapello, Appanoose, and Wayne counties.

RogueLeader

What's planned for this WTA, Second half of the ES academy?  If so, provided opsec isn't involved, do some of the sorties include flying those photo recon?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

cyclone

A big focus of the WTA this weekend is the operations portion of the ES Academy.   We have completed our operational photo recon taskings in hand.  Unless new ones develop we will not fly them.  If we did get taskings we would separate the real-world op from the training op since they come from two sources with different monies and insurance.   MOWG is sending an aircrew up to support the training op and stood ready to send more up if our real-world work got busier.

RogueLeader

Cool.  Good luck and fly safe.  Btw, during night ops, it's not funny to surprise the Lt that is about to find you. . . .  You almost gave me a heart attack.

PS, hope you don't get the Expedition stuck again. . . .I still have the pics ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CadetProgramGuy

[blackmail] ah yes the popular expedition pics.......[/blackmail]

RogueLeader

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DNot MY fault he got stuck, though I did offer to help get him out. . . . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

isuhawkeye

rather than start another iowa thread...

here you go. 

Iowa Man Missing After Crash
(WASHINGTON, Iowa)  An Iowa man is missing after a single-vehicle accident in northeast Washington County.

The accident happened around 7 p.m. on Sunday. The driver is believed to be 19-year-old Phililip Charles Kron of Riverside, Iowa.

Kron didn't show up for class on Monday, and the sheriff's department is looking for him because they're concerned about his welfare.     

Kron is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds. He's a white male with brown hair and eyes, with a cross tattoo on his left shoulder.  He was last seen wearing his military uniform. 

There are no charges pending against Kron.   If you have any information about his whereabouts, you should call the Washington County Sheriff's Department at (319) 653-2107 or 1-800-TIPS-492. 

http://www.ktvotv3.com/

isuhawkeye

Iowa News

Body of Riverside man found near crash site
August 29, 2007 08:41 EDT

RIVERSIDE, Iowa (AP) -- Eastern Iowa officials say the body of a Riverside man reported missing earlier this week has been found.

Authorities believe 19-year-old Phillip Kron was involved in a car wreck Sunday night in northwest Washington County. A search began on Monday when Kron didn't show up for classes at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids

The sheriff's office says deputies found his body last night near the crash site. An autopsy is pending.

isuhawkeye

This search was initiated on Sunday evening. 

Tudesday AM local authorities processed a request to the state of Iowa for assistance.  The Civil Air Patrol was requested initially for search management support.  Lt Col Halbrook arrived on the scene assisted with incident command, and processed requests for Communications, and aircraft support.  Air branch was coordinated with the Iowa State Troopers who's FLIR unit arrived on scene first.  When the troopers finished their scan of the area CAP relieved them, and flew until the subject was recovered. 

isuhawkeye

Col. Ralph Tomlinson is approaching the end of his command.  Even though he was not "one of Tony's boys" he has survived his entire tour. 

The North Central Region CC has announced that applications are being taken for the position. 

From what you guys know of Iowa how will this affect our progress, and what should the region CC consider when selecting our new leader.

CadetProgramGuy

Our situation is much different than when Ralph took office. We need to be selective on who gets the nomination, and then the final selection.

What kind of input do we get in this process?

In addition to qualifications for CC I wonder what their expectations are especially given the progress the IAWG has made.

Skyray

You don't get any input into the process, and that is mostly what is wrong with the paradigm.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Skyray on August 31, 2007, 02:44:30 PM
You don't get any input into the process, and that is mostly what is wrong with the paradigm.

Maybe there sould be a change in the process.

isuhawkeye

thanks for hijacking my question.

give me a call I don't have your current phone number

TDHenderson

I think one main factor is the new CC HAS to have a good relationship with the Iowa Guard and the State.  That relationship has enabled the Wing to move forward as it has to date and brought in the good missions. 

Skyray

In his infamous letter to the Board back on 10 May 2006, Rex Glasgow promised to post some dissembling phone conversations and correspondence from the National Commander.  Any of you denizens of Iowa know if he ever did that, and if so, what is the URL?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

isuhawkeye

sorry. 

No such information