Question about ITO Technician requirement

Started by mwhitis, August 15, 2012, 03:31:21 AM

mwhitis

I was wondering if anyone can help me interpret the following requirement from the 227 Specialty Technician requirement?

"Prepare at least one unit IT update each month, for a period of
six months."

I'm trying to determine if that means perform a physical update/patch to Squadron IT Assets (although I don't believe we have any other than a website) or provide a report to someone (SC, Wing ITO. etc) on the status of our assets?

Thanks,

Mike

Eclipse

A report to someone, or more preferably your unit as a whole.

Probably more preferably on IT-relevant topics like how to do something in eServices, 2-factor authentication (hot right now), etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

rmutchler

Typically what I try to do is monthly either cover something relevant to CAP regarding IT or a hot button IT issue that is occurring (virus outbreak, etc)

The Open Cockpit is a good source for some IT info.

You could also provide tutorials of new modules - the new LMS would be a good start when that is released later in the month.

arajca

At the risk of stealing a Chaplain's or CDI's thunder, a discussion of social media and CAP would be appropriate also.

mwhitis

Thanks all, that makes sense.  The assistance is very much appreciated.

Mike

dogboy

Quote from: mwhitis on August 15, 2012, 03:31:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone can help me interpret the following requirement from the 227 Specialty Technician requirement?

"Prepare at least one unit IT update each month, for a period of
six months."

I'm trying to determine if that means perform a physical update/patch to Squadron IT Assets (although I don't believe we have any other than a website) or provide a report to someone (SC, Wing ITO. etc) on the status of our assets?

Thanks,

Mike

Permit me to add that the update to the members may be virtual. For example, you could send an email out to all members reminding them of the importance of anti-virus software, suggestions for programs, and a reminder to update frequently.

Meeting time is precious and not all members attend all meetings. Sometimes a virtual lesson is more effective than a physical one.