Lets make all CAP senior members follow the same program

Started by RiverAux, January 08, 2012, 09:05:24 PM

Would you favor eliminating all special appointments, mission-related skill, NCO, and profesional appointments and promotions?

Yes
No
I don't know/care

RogueLeader

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 26, 2012, 05:11:58 PM
How about instead of giving them "instant" rank; we take a page out of the cadet program as they deal with jrotc. They have reduced time-in-grade requirements, say 50% of standard promotion.  Military earned their rank and they have to earn ours. We give them a break on TIG because they already have skills that can be readily used with CAP, they still have to learn about us, and do their job.  Other skills are the same deal.

No comment to above^
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on January 26, 2012, 11:57:25 PMNo one is glossing over staff time.

Bolding the words doesn't mean you think it's a big deal.  Others have put in the same 1/2 sentence.

"That Others May Zoom"

AirDX

Quote from: Eclipse on January 26, 2012, 11:26:41 PM
Some keep insinuating that SLS/CLC (etc.) is a checkbox, and completely glossing over the staff time requirements like they were inconsequential, when in fact that staff time is really where the "do something" is happening.

Weeeellll, SLS and CLC are a weekend... maybe 12 hours in class over two days each, with no exit requirement other than the ability to hold your chair down.  And if Maj. Billy Bob appoints his buddy SM Bobby Joe as one of his five assistant ops officers, then that checkbox is covered.  There is no requirement to actually perform in your staff position, just occupy it.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Eclipse

^ and yet...

Despite how seemingly "meaningless" these endeavors are, in many cases, they are insurmountable for these "valued members".

Besides, we can't define the program based on the assumption that a small number of people will abuse the system, they always will, and we'll never
be able to stop all of them.

"That Others May Zoom"

PWK-GT

Quote from: Eclipse on January 25, 2012, 07:52:11 PM
I will again repeat the anecdote about the field-grade officer who, when called on something very basic, told a commander that
"I read FARs, not regulations".  Very nice.

That tool still rubs me raw......surprised you remember it.  >:(
"Is it Friday yet"

Eclipse

^ There are some things you never forget...

(and others you write down to insure you remember...)

"That Others May Zoom"

PWK-GT

"Is it Friday yet"

CAP_truth

Quote from: PWK-GT on January 28, 2012, 05:35:12 AM
^^ Ah...the book of Secrets   ::)

Found on page 263. There is no answer that would get all members to agree.
Cadet CoP
Wilson