Processing Cadet Equivalencies

Started by jimmydeanno, November 30, 2011, 05:26:30 PM

jimmydeanno

I've looked through CAPR 50-17, but may have missed this.

I have a former Eaker Cadet in my unit.  50-17 says that he can be awarded many equivalencies (Level 1, OBC, Level II, SLS, Technician Rating in CP, etc).

He's actually already done CPPT (as a cadet), EO, OPSEC.  The CAPF 24 doesn't have a spot for Level 1 completion, and the CAPF 11 doesn't have a spot to say "Completed Level 1".  The CAPF 11 also implies that we conducted the training that we list above, not that we're giving credit based on an equivalency. 

So, how do I process the Level 1 in this instance?  It's been about 10 years since I've had to process this type of stuff, so any help would be appreciated.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Spaceman3750

It would be easier for him just to do foundations and call it a day. Call NHQ to get the Eaker listed on his record and send a form 2 to NHQ for their insta-Lt.

Al Sayre

On CAPF 11, check off "Foundations and Cadet Protection", use his CPPT  Date for that, and his Mitchell award date as the Foundations date.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Tim Medeiros

for OBC, Level 2, SLS, and tech rating, simply send an email as the commander to NHQ stating that you authorize the cadet equivalencies outlined in CAPR 50-17 based upon his Eaker Award.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I've put notes on the dates of training line for the Mitchell equivalency "Mitchell ##### Month Year on record in e-services" or "Mitchell ##### Month Year copy attached"

Once Level I posts I'd recommend a commander signed letter to PD (Lmmeforms@capnhq.gov) at NHQ requesting the OBC, Level II, SLS, Technician Rating in CP credits.

DBlair

Quote from: jimmydeanno on November 30, 2011, 05:26:30 PM
I've looked through CAPR 50-17, but may have missed this.

I have a former Eaker Cadet in my unit.  50-17 says that he can be awarded many equivalencies (Level 1, OBC, Level II, SLS, Technician Rating in CP, etc).

He's actually already done CPPT (as a cadet), EO, OPSEC.  The CAPF 24 doesn't have a spot for Level 1 completion, and the CAPF 11 doesn't have a spot to say "Completed Level 1".  The CAPF 11 also implies that we conducted the training that we list above, not that we're giving credit based on an equivalency. 

So, how do I process the Level 1 in this instance?  It's been about 10 years since I've had to process this type of stuff, so any help would be appreciated.

Details are explained in the newly-updated 50-17 (Page 30/Chapter 9)

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R050_017_AAC4BB3089BE0.pdf
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander