Main Menu

Leave of Absence

Started by majdomke, August 09, 2011, 07:41:01 PM

majdomke

Anyone here ever hear of someone taking a leave of absence from CAP and being restricted from contacting fellow members? This would be a LOA at ones own choosing to take a break from their duties as a commander or deputy. It just seemed odd to me. I can understand restrictions being a patron but not staying a SM and just taking some time off. Your advice is appreciated.

FW

The only time a member is restricted from contacting other members is when they are suspended pending an investigation.  If a commander or deputy resigns a position for personal reasons and, retains membership in the unit, there is nothing in the regulations which restrict a member's contact or activity level.  If you resign as a member, the only restriction you may be up against is visiting the unit uninvited.  However, what you do on your own time is your business.

Of course, there is always double secret probation... >:D

Flying Pig

After my term as CC ended, I let my membership go.  I am still in contact with many of the members and am still regularly invited  and have an open invitation to drop in at any time.  There are no restrictions on who you can associate with regardless of anyones membership status. 
Just out of curiosity, why would you think CAP would have authority to dictate that CAP members are off limits to former CAP members?  So if my wife joins, and I dont RE-join, does that mean I she cant have any contact with me >:D

a2capt

Politics .. and control freakism abound.

majdomke