CAP Portible Radio on eBay?

Started by GaryVC, April 27, 2019, 09:23:40 PM

PHall

Quote from: OldGuy on May 01, 2019, 02:53:16 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 01, 2019, 04:35:03 AM
For anyone who screamed "OPSEC", that is not a CAP freq. You cannot leave that field blank, and 151.000 is a default.
I take OPSEC very seriously, and ensure that I do not violate it when posting.
Since we do not "know" what CAP frequencies are, would you prefer we ignore potential issues like this in the future?

Well first there has to be an issue.

Eclipse

Quote from: OldGuy on May 01, 2019, 02:53:16 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 01, 2019, 04:35:03 AM
For anyone who screamed "OPSEC", that is not a CAP freq. You cannot leave that field blank, and 151.000 is a default.
I take OPSEC very seriously, and ensure that I do not violate it when posting.
Since we do not "know" what CAP frequencies are, would you prefer we ignore potential issues like this in the future?

Everyone "knows" the freqs.  They are FOUO, not secret, and easily found if you need them.

That ship sailed 10 years ago.

"That Others May Zoom"

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Everyone knows? I don't. I bring my portable to the comm nerds and ask them to load my freqs. Not to mention that just because something is fairly easy to find or commonplace doesn't mean we should propagate the idea that it's okay.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

Eclipse

I didn't say anyone should do anything.

That doesn't change the fact that they are easy to find if you need / want them.

Pretending they aren't is just as dangerous, because there should be no assumption
communications are confidential, even when encrypted because there are surely plenty of
radios out there that have been cloned by people who know how into PORs, etc.

Again, this ship sailed 10 years ago, and was probably accelerated by CAP propagating the
idea that the freqs were some how unknowable, which meant plenty of hams decided to prove it wrong.

"That Others May Zoom"