Main Menu

Found a meth lab.....

Started by Duke Dillio, May 20, 2008, 12:26:14 AM

flyguy06

Imagine going to a crash site with a bunch of 17-19 year old cadets with buzz cuts in BDU's, loking like adult LE Officers. You get here and the occupants are knocked out. You look over and see white powder laying near the crash site. Then you look around and see weapons. what do you do?

mikeylikey

I think I would pick up a weapon and secure the knocked out passengers until the LE agency arrives.  Then my team gets a few awards from the Governor, and we get like another 100,000 bucks in state appropriations the next year.  So ya.....I plan on being a hero.

But then again........ I may just run away with my cadets and let the drug runners die.  I can't make life or death choices like this. 

What's up monkeys?

IceNine

Take REALLY fast pics

Run.

Try to remember how far away and in what direction the site is, and make sure I have pretty accurate directions to where it is.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Flying Pig

Well, thats a very valid question flyguy presents.  It has happened before.  Not with CAP walking up, but there have been many plan crashes of dope planes.

Me, if Im tromping around on a DF and I come across a load plane, with guns, and occupants I am securing and disabling the weapons first off. Primarily, since I know how.  Taking pics, then hightailing it out to let someone know.  My biggest concern would be that the owner might be coming to look for his plane, and Im not leaving the guns there.

But thats me.  For a civilian type, If I saw it, I would do an immediate about face and head out.

maverik

my 2 cents I would walk up , take away the weapons, tell my team to possibly drop any unneeded gear and run like the devil went down to Indiana.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

heliodoc

You know I'm no LE type

What happened to all the McGyver CAP MOLLE wearing, bling requesting types out there??

GPS the point,  Call your favorite local 911 types, and hopefully nobody notices you with all the camo on which, by the way, could invite some nasty repercussions, and GET OUT

Maybe you could enlist a LE type or is there one on the team already??  Why do suppose there a large amount of LE lead searches nowadays that quite possbily LE may not want to involve CAP in these type of ops??

These situations a really quite plausible AND are NOT addressed in one of the SQTR tasks, that I am aware of.  I'm just too concerned on why it takes so long to get a Form 5 done , so I personally am not upon GT SQTR's

That's why some of wildland firefighters (at times) have LE with us on assignments to assist with known and unknown areas of possible problems like this

That's why CAP should have better relations with LE than always worrying about why we never get the "missions."  There could be a very good reason CAP is not always "on the case" with searches

PaulR

Quote from: SJFedor on May 20, 2008, 02:55:16 AM
Mark the spot with your GPS, have everyone retrace their footsteps in the opposite direction, and let the LEOs handle it. The fact that you guys touched it at all is kind of a bad thing, since it is more or less a crime scene.

Exactly!  Make note of what you saw and get the heck out of there!  Contact 911 first then worry about the CAP chain. 

Contact should be avoided with any suspect items found for both investigatory and safety reasons. 

If there is an LE type of the team, he will know what to do... which would include getting CAP members out of the area. 

Climbnsink

CAP doesn't just need helicopters CAP needs armed helicopters.    >:D >:D >:D