Main Menu

Vehicle Graphics

Started by Call sign, May 11, 2010, 02:09:34 PM

Al Sayre

I have a set for my truck I use when doing ELT hunts.  My WG/CC saw them. and said "Hey, those are pretty cool! Where can I get a set?"   That's enough approval for me...  >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JC004

We had sets made with the emblem that say:
"OFFICIAL BUSINESS
CIVIL AIR PATROL
U.S. AIR FORCE AUXILIARY"

like the ones CAPMart had at the time, but better.

a2capt

I won't put the long ones on the car door unless I'm cruising around the airport- anymore.
'cause I had one disappear between airports in the middle of the night. Luckily, it landed on the side of the dark road face up and my spot light found it.

After securing the ELT in the hangar, and dealing with the Riverside County Sheriffs Dept., I went back along the same route pointing a spot light across the road onto the other shoulder out of suspicion since it was that side that came off. Of course, when no oncoming vehicles were present.

Found it a couple miles from the ELT airport. They were flat, but it must have found air.

mynetdude

Quote from: SarDragon on May 16, 2010, 09:02:45 AM
They have two items titled 10" seal. One is actually the emblem, and is so identified in the description.

I presume we're talking about this:

CAPR 900-2, para 3.d.2) says one thing about its use. Table 1 says it slightly different, implying that WgCC approval is not necessarily required.

I've had them on the side of my vehicle, without any complaints from anyone.

YMMV.

Yes that's what I was looking for, AFAIK I thought this could be used if your POV is being used for CAP purposes so therefore it would be reasonable to use it as to whether or not it is allowed as per regs that's a different story.  I would prefer not to use wraps esp since it isn't allowed but you can't exactly take the wrap on/off whenever you want.

So this emblem is not available as a magnet??? Or was it available as a magnet at one time?

a2capt

Seems like it's always been you always had to do the magnet yourself, which every single one I've seen has been cut so well I swear they were professionally done, yet everyone says you have to get magnet stuff, and get the sticker.

I cut magnet material with a CNC laser, and it stinks, but it's perfectly shaped.

mynetdude

Quote from: a2capt on May 18, 2010, 07:14:08 PM
Seems like it's always been you always had to do the magnet yourself, which every single one I've seen has been cut so well I swear they were professionally done, yet everyone says you have to get magnet stuff, and get the sticker.

I cut magnet material with a CNC laser, and it stinks, but it's perfectly shaped.

Hmm sounds like more hassles than its worth

Al Sayre

Quote from: mynetdude on May 18, 2010, 07:00:28 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 16, 2010, 09:02:45 AM
They have two items titled 10" seal. One is actually the emblem, and is so identified in the description.

I presume we're talking about this:

CAPR 900-2, para 3.d.2) says one thing about its use. Table 1 says it slightly different, implying that WgCC approval is not necessarily required.

I've had them on the side of my vehicle, without any complaints from anyone.

YMMV.

Yes that's what I was looking for, AFAIK I thought this could be used if your POV is being used for CAP purposes so therefore it would be reasonable to use it as to whether or not it is allowed as per regs that's a different story.  I would prefer not to use wraps esp since it isn't allowed but you can't exactly take the wrap on/off whenever you want.

So this emblem is not available as a magnet??? Or was it available as a magnet at one time?

The Hock shop used to sell them as magnets, that's where I got mine, but alas they are no more...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SarDragon

The Bookstore/CAPMart used to sell the complete sticker-on-magnet item, but that did not carry over to Vanguard.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

So, I brought one of the new 7 pax Dodge vans to the meeting tonight, and a new senior member was asking .. "Why are they not using these things as marketing tools, putting stripes on them, etc.. "

So I said "don't give them any more ideas, they already did it ... and ... the look is .. " and I figured, I'd show him instead.

"That Is Ugly!" .. "What is that on the door? Thats not even our logo. Who at National looked at that on paper and .. approved that?!?!"

I told him *nothing*, I didn't even bring up the subject until he mentioned the van.

Kill TTT. ... yes.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: a2capt on August 31, 2011, 01:43:36 AM
So, I brought one of the new 7 pax Dodge vans to the meeting tonight, and a new senior member was asking .. "Why are they not using these things as marketing tools, putting stripes on them, etc.. "

The new Dodges are nice. After this weekend I love the 7pax vans for ground teams... Just the right size for the typical team around my parts + gear and it isn't a bear to drive (for the drivers anyways, I don't drive CAP vehicles yet) - just like driving any other minivan.

ol'fido

I'm not going to put a big CAP emblem on the side of my POV whether I'm doing CAP stuff or not. Passed through that phase in the mid-80's. But I see nothing wrong with a few decals in the back window of the pickup just like you see rolling down the interstate from CIBs, to unit patches, or whatever for the USAF, USA, USN, USMC, etc. Maybe some pilot wings, or a GT badge, a prop and triangle patch. Maybe even a cadet rank insignia with the cadet's name underneath it instead of a basketball or soccer ball. ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006